Re: [Clip] AutoCorrect clips => any way to automate large numbers of entries

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 68 , Aug 6, 2008
      I was just thinking the same thing, I have repeated uses of Newspaper
      sources, amny with similar names and permutations, multiple word names.

      (Example the Crawfordsville Journal and The Crawfordsville Review
      merged, various versions were specific during different periods,

      The Crawfordsville Journal,
      The Crawfordsville Review,
      The Crawfordsville Daily Journal
      The Crawfordsville Weekly Journal,
      The Crawfordsville Journal-Review

      Etc.

      I wanted to make an auto replace list that when any of these full names
      were highlighted in the text it would replace it by (example)

      "
      The Crawfordsville Journal,
      Crawfordsville, Montgomery County, Indiana
      "
      Or the appropriate newspaper name (They are all from the same city/County.)

      (Perhaps I should have a clip that just says
      "^PCrawfordsville, Montgomery County, Indiana^P" to be inserted as needed?

      Jeff

      Mike Breiding wrote:

      > Greetings,
      > Does anyone have a way to add multiple clips to the AutoCorrect library
      > without manually adding each one individually?
      >
      > For instance, all fifty of the United states.
      > When the Postal abbreviation is used the long name is filled in:
      > AL Alabama
      > AK Alaska
      > AZ Arizona
      >
      > etc.
      >
      > I have other lists I would like to add as well but I find it rather
      > daunting to have to add each one manually.
      > I was hoping it might be possible to create the clips by importing a
      > tabbed list or something like that.
      > The left column would have the abbreviations and right the auto
      > completed word(s).
      >
      > Any ideas?
      > Thanks,
      > -Mike
      > http://EpicRoadTrips.us/ <http://EpicRoadTrips.us/>

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

      "In the next place, the state governments are, by the very theory
      of the constitution, essential constituent parts of the general
      government. They can exist without the latter, but the latter
      cannot exist without them."

      -- Joseph Story (Commentaries on the Constitution, 1833)

      Reference: Story, Commentaries on the Constitution, 191.
    • rainmark
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 12, 2008
        Yes, I am at least one of the culprits.

        I didn't realize until a few days ago that this was a no-no and that it
        caused problems on the Yahoo list.

        I guess the proper way is to simply address a new email to the list.

        My apologies to all.