Re: [Clip] ^!Delay question

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 68 , Aug 5, 2008
      I agree with the examples part, BUT...

      Haven't you experienced the warm and fuzzy feeling you get, when you
      try to get help with "Open File" and you get context sensitive help
      stating "Opens files"?!

      Windows XP help has a 50:50 help -- 50% of the time it cannot find
      what you need, and 50% of the time it doesn't explain what you want to
      know in a meaningful way.

      Whenever I get negative about NoteTab's help, I open a Microsoft help
      file, and NoteTab's help SHINES by comparison.

      Cheers,

      Eb

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, rainmark <rainmark@...> wrote:

      > Yeah, I hear that. The Help file is one of the few 'complaints' I have
      > about NoteTab. It was obviously written by somebody who already knows
      > exactly how NoteTab works. That's good. But it seems to be written with
      > the assumption that all the readers already know how it works too. Not
      > so good.
      >
      > This seems to be especially true with the Clip Help. Sometimes I sit
      > there scratching my head. The stuff is written in secret code by a
      > coder. And NoteTab didn't come with a secret de-coder watch.
      ClipHelp is
      > a reference manual for experts as opposed to being a HelpFile/Tutorial
      > for wannabe experts.
      >
      > It would be very helpful (Hi Eric) if there were a lot more real-life
      > examples of the Clips, in addition to the sometimes brief, cryptic
      > explanations.
      >
      > Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
      > >
      > > I just skip help unless I'm in a real pinch, that way I don't get
      > > confused ;-)

    • rainmark
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 12, 2008
        Yes, I am at least one of the culprits.

        I didn't realize until a few days ago that this was a no-no and that it
        caused problems on the Yahoo list.

        I guess the proper way is to simply address a new email to the list.

        My apologies to all.