Re: [Clip] String Split

    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2008
      "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
      > Provides#stronger#
      > text#encryption#than#
      > ROT13.#Use#the#
      > optional#"Key"#

      That's what I expected to happen. Doesn't do so here. As it works
      for you, the mistake must be somewhere one my side.

      Danke
      Axel
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2008
        Axel Berger wrote:
        > "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
        >> Provides#stronger#
        >> text#encryption#than#
        >> ROT13.#Use#the#
        >> optional#"Key"#
        >
        > That's what I expected to happen. Doesn't do so here. As it works
        > for you, the mistake must be somewhere one my side.
        >
        > Danke
        > Axel

        I am apparently in 5.5. I have 5.7, but need to get it to start when I
        click on notetab. Perhaps the version number does have something to do
        with it.

        I tried Sheri's example and got very odd results. If you have abc[bunch
        of spaces]abc[spaces] it doesn't trim the spaces up to the width with
        true, but does trim them after the width. With False, it doesn't trim
        any spaces, so you are left with lines with spaces going out way past
        the specified width!
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 5, 2008
          "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
          > If I use FALSE at the end, all lines are hard wrapped/split at
          > 70 or less and there is a trailing space on the line ... if it
          > is wrapped. FALSE stops it from removing the trailing space
          > that caused the split, in other words.

          Not quite. I have found my mistake here. I have got into the habit
          of writing a capital "FALSE" which usually works, but not in
          ^$StrSplit. This function requires "False" exactly as in the help
          file, so there's noone to blame but me.