[Clip] Re: Just beginning...

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 1999
      Hi IanO,

      This should get you in the ballpark...

      > Response.Write
      > ^!Set %Selection%=^&
      > Response.Write "^%Selection% = " & ^%Selection% & "<BR>"

      > What I am thinking is that it should "look" and see if
      > something is already on the windows clipboard and, if it is
      > then it should write out the line using the current contents of
      > the clipboard in place of the %Selection% variable.

      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^$GetClipboard$")$ SelectionLabel
      ^!Set %Selection%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!Goto SkipSelectionLabel

      > If the clipboard is empty it should Get the current Selection
      > and use that string.

      :SelectionLabel
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^$GetSelection$")$ SelectSomethingDummie ;)
      ^!Set %Selection%=^$GetSelection$

      :SkipSelectionLabel
      ^!Your Code which I guess is:
      Response.Write "^%Selection% = " & ^%Selection% & "<BR>"
      ^!Goto End or whatever...

      > If there is no current selection then it should warn the user.

      :SelectSomethingDummie ;)
      ^!Info [L]Blah, blah, blah...

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab Clip List...
      mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 1999
        Hi IanO,

        > Response.Write
        > ^!Set %Selection%=^&
        > Response.Write "^%Selection% = " & ^%Selection% & "<BR>"

        It's been bugging me ever since I posted that you would be
        checking the Clipboard before a selection. Don't we normally
        have something on the Clipboard? Perhaps you want to change the
        code around to check for a selection first and if nothing is
        selected then it must mean you already copied what you want on
        the Clipboard to get from there. You might have a 10MB image on
        the Clipborad. <g>

        c ya,
        jody

        I can only please one person a day.