Re: [NTB] Opening NoteTab Pro to a new empty document

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2008
      Margaret Peloquin wrote:
      > I can't seem to find this answer in the help documentation and it's
      > probably a simple command line thing. I use NTP as my primary text
      > editor and would like to be presented with a new empty document when I
      > open the program along with the other files I have in there at the
      > time. For example here's what I'd like the opening tabs to look like:
      > | filenameA | filenameB | filenameM | NoName01.txt |
      >
      > Can someone tell me what to do? Thanks.

      Margaret,

      This is the quickest solution I could come up with.

      If you've done a bit with clips, this below, shouldn't be too difficult
      for you.

      *** For review Commandline parameters are at;
      *** Help > Help Topics > Index tab > Command-line Parameters

      *** Create a 1 line clip, as below, in a clipbook of your choice.

      H="Newdoc@Startup"
      ^!Menu File/New

      Modify your NoteTab startup shortcut as below to run the above clip at
      startup.

      2 examples.
      ----------

      C:\Your\Note Tab\Folder\NotePro.exe /L="clipbookname:clipname"

      This is how it would be on my computer.
      C:\Fookes\Ntp\NotePro.exe /L="+huh:newdoc@startup"
      This will create a new blank doc every time you restart NoteTab with
      that same shortcut.

      I'm cc'ing this to the clips list, if you need more clarification, join,
      if necessary, the 'Clips list' and ask there.

      ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com

      ºvº SL_206 created_2008.07.24_00.27.23

      Potential bumper sticker
      • I Refuse To Have A Battle Of Wits With An Unarmed Person
      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com