Re: Inconsistent RegExp Behavior

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 64 , Jul 17, 2008
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Don Daugherty <daugherty@...> wrote:

      > The following one line clip functions fine when applied to the
      > Sample text starting with "Begin copy here", but not when applied
      > to a larger file from which it was extracted The larger file is
      > about 35k -- I'll forward it to anyone who wants to see it but
      > didn't included it here since it makes things slower for those on
      > dial-up. Any ideas on why it fails on more complicated? Does
      > ^!Find give-up after trying a certain number of unsuccessful
      > matchs?

      There is a "Help Wanted" subfolder in the forum's Files area for such
      things.

      Find does not give up, but it might be that you need to ^!Jump
      Select_End to prevent it from re-searching the previously found match.
      It is also possible for a regular expression to match an empty string
      so that it looks like nothing is selected, but the cursor is at or
      moved to the matched position. You need to use ^!IfError to find out
      if there was no match.

    • ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
      Message 64 of 64 , Aug 3, 2014
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ntb-clips
        group.

        File : /KeySort.zip
        Uploaded by : flo.gehrke <flo.gehrke@...>
        Description : Sorting CSV data with keys

        You can access this file at the URL:

        flo.gehrke <flo.gehrke@...>