Re: [Clip] ClipcodeSyntax57 (was:New file uploaded to ntb-clips)

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 76 , Jul 17, 2008
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

      > ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com (ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com) wrote (in part)
      > (on 2008-07-16 at 15:04):
      > > File : /ClipcodeSyntax57.zip
      > > Uploaded by : silvermoonwoman2001 <silvermoonwoman@...>
      > > Description : Clip Writing Aid - includes all commands and
      functions in NoteTab version 5.7.

      > You added the '0' option at the end of:
      > H="^!Replace"
      > ^!Replace "SearchText" >> "ReplaceText" [Options TCIBGWHRSAO]

      Actually that is the letter "O" (for Outline topic, new option in 5.7).

      I guess I could add "n" to the end to designate a regex letter for the
      otl command string. But if you haven't turned off the Clip Assistant
      wizards and it does already prompt for a substring number when
      creating a regex find or replace.

      > Question (I haven't tested): what if anything does putting a
      > number between 1 and 9 do in a ^!Replace statement give that the
      > "Replace Text" can itself contain references to $1, ..., $9

      The target substring is not the same thing as the Replace Text. The
      target substring designates what portion of the original string will
      get replaced.

      This: ^!Replace "(a)(b)(c)" >> "$3" R2

      Would change the "b" into a "c" because substring 2 is targeted and
      replaced with $3 (which is a "c").

      > ^!MakeShortcut (my and Larry's current favorite command) - not
      > update.

      I remembered updating it, but apparently I only changed the
      MakeShortcut wizard in the Clip Assistant.

      Have now changed my copy of the outline prompt to this:

      ^!MakeShortcut ShortcutLocation "Target" ["Arguments"] ["Description"]
      [CmdShow] ["IconFile::InconIndex" or "IconFile" or IconIndex]

      Please let me know if you notice any other issues before I post
      another update.

      Re, trying CompareIt ...

      No not yet, I don't keep any logs tho ...

      I usually use Kdiff3. I know Kdiff3 has some regex support for merging
      history/logs also, but I've never tried doing that.

    • ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com
      Message 76 of 76 , Oct 28, 2016
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ntb-clips
        group.

        File : /TimeIt.txt
        Uploaded by : joy8388608 <mycroftj@...>
        Description : Subroutine to calculate elapsed time between calls to the subroutine

        You can access this file at the URL:

        joy8388608 <mycroftj@...>