[Clip] ClipcodeSyntax57 (resent for proper threading)

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2008
      Note: I've resent this after realizing that Yahoo-groups threads it with
      all the other File upload notifications.
      Please don't reply to this rather than the original message.

      ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com (ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com) wrote (in part)
      (on 2008-07-16 at 15:04):
      > File : /ClipcodeSyntax57.zip
      > Uploaded by : silvermoonwoman2001 <silvermoonwoman@...>
      > Description : Clip Writing Aid - includes all commands and functions in NoteTab version 5.7.
      >
      > You can access this file at the URL:
      You added the '0' option at the end of:
      H="^!Replace"
      ^!Replace "SearchText" >> "ReplaceText" [Options TCIBGWHRSAO]
      to match the 'n' option in the current Help:
      > n: Represents a number between 1 and 9 inclusive. This option is only
      > valid when used with the R option for regexp searches. NoteTab
      > selects the corresponding regexp subpattern. This option was added to
      > NoteTab 5.0.
      I guess for completeness first line s/b modified to read:
      Represents a number between 1 and 9 inclusive (0 - optional matches the
      entire pattern).

      Question (I haven't tested): what if anything does putting a number
      between 1 and 9 do in a ^!Replace statement give that the "Replace Text"
      can itself contain references to $1, ..., $9

      The only semi-sensible semantics I can guess is that (say)

      * ^!replace "some regexp pattern" >> "" rwsai5
      o would be equivalent to:
      * ^!replace "some regexp pattern" >> "$1$2$3$4$6$7$8$9" rwsai
      o ie everything except $5
      o or ... that it has the effect of making $0=$5 and
      $1,..$4,$6,...$9 be identically = ^%empty%

      ^!MakeShortcut (mine and Larry's current favorite command) - not
      updated. By analogy with the multi-format ^!Select command I think it
      should be something like this:

      H="^!MakeShortcut"
      ^!MakeShortcut ShortcutLocation "Target" ["Arguments"]
      ["Description"] [CmdShow] ["StartInFolder"] [IconIndex]
      or
      ^!MakeShortcut ShortcutLocation "Target" ["Arguments"]
      ["Description"] [CmdShow] ["StartInFolder"] ["IconFile"]
      or
      ^!MakeShortcut ShortcutLocation "Target" ["Arguments"]
      ["Description"] [CmdShow] ["StartInFolder"] ["IconFile::IconIndex"]

      Combined from 2nd email:
      Follow up: I'm not sure where they'd belong (or how organized) but would
      it make sense to put all the defined Environment variables and locations
      (and others?) that Eric has added that now return values somewhere in
      ClipcodeSyntax.otl .... maybe they are there already and I missed them?

      <off-topic>
      In case you're curious ... I re-downloaded ClipcodeSyntax52 extracted
      both zips and am comparing them in BeyondCompare (their beta trial
      version expires Aug 31 and I figured this was a good way to try it
      before going back to CompareIt!, KDiff3 and WinMatch)

      Sheri - my "favorite" compare program CompareIt! has really good support
      for using regexps to alter lines to allow comparisons (eg in a log-file
      strip date-stamps for comparison)
      Unfortunately file editing support gets taken away after 30 days unless
      you register - otherwise everything else is allowed.

      I played briefly with the equivalent construct in KDiff3 when I wanted
      to compare three versions of log files. It operates by shelling out to a
      sed or perl script (probably works with grep as well?)
      I managed to do the strip time function (ie remove HH:MM:SS from
      beginning of all lines) with this

      * Settings/Configure/Diff/"Line-matching preprocessor command":
      o sed "s/^......../IGNORE TIME/"

      Have you used it?

      I forget who suggested BeyondCompare - FWIW - its slick for what it does
      well, but curiously deficient in some (IMO) obvious
      features/requirements. Namely toggle Horiz/Vertical comparisons and
      support for pre-compare modifications as described above.

      I haven't really looked in great detail at others in the COMPARE category.
      </off-topic>

      --
      Regards ... Alec (buralex@gmail)