[Clip] Just beginning...

  • Ian.Ornstein@fluor.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 1999
      This is my first attempt

      Response.Write
      ^!Set %Selection%=^&
      Response.Write "^%Selection% = " & ^%Selection% & "<BR>"

      Its purpose is to enter a debugging line into an Active Server Page.
      As it is now, it removes the subject and replaces it with the desired line.

      Can you tell me how I can make it better?
      What I am thinking is that it should "look" and see if something is
      already on the windows clipboard and, if it is then
      it should write out the line using the current contents of the clipboard
      in place of the %Selection% variable.

      If the clipboard is empty it should Get the current Selection and use
      that string.

      If there is no current selection then it should warn the user.

      Okay, there are my specifications, some suggestions please.

      TIA
      - IanO -

      and/or privileged material. If you are not the intended
      recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any
      use, review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution,
      reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message
      is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact
      the sender and delete the material from any computer. Any
      views expressed in this message are those of the individual
      sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the
      company.
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 1999
        Hi IanO,

        This should get you in the ballpark...

        > Response.Write
        > ^!Set %Selection%=^&
        > Response.Write "^%Selection% = " & ^%Selection% & "<BR>"

        > What I am thinking is that it should "look" and see if
        > something is already on the windows clipboard and, if it is
        > then it should write out the line using the current contents of
        > the clipboard in place of the %Selection% variable.

        ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^$GetClipboard$")$ SelectionLabel
        ^!Set %Selection%=^$GetSelection$
        ^!Goto SkipSelectionLabel

        > If the clipboard is empty it should Get the current Selection
        > and use that string.

        :SelectionLabel
        ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^$GetSelection$")$ SelectSomethingDummie ;)
        ^!Set %Selection%=^$GetSelection$

        :SkipSelectionLabel
        ^!Your Code which I guess is:
        Response.Write "^%Selection% = " & ^%Selection% & "<BR>"
        ^!Goto End or whatever...

        > If there is no current selection then it should warn the user.

        :SelectSomethingDummie ;)
        ^!Info [L]Blah, blah, blah...

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 1999
          Hi IanO,

          > Response.Write
          > ^!Set %Selection%=^&
          > Response.Write "^%Selection% = " & ^%Selection% & "<BR>"

          It's been bugging me ever since I posted that you would be
          checking the Clipboard before a selection. Don't we normally
          have something on the Clipboard? Perhaps you want to change the
          code around to check for a selection first and if nothing is
          selected then it must mean you already copied what you want on
          the Clipboard to get from there. You might have a 10MB image on
          the Clipborad. <g>

          c ya,
          jody

          I can only please one person a day.