Re: Extract information using Find, Copy & Paste

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 68 , Jul 15, 2008
      WORKED PERFECTLY!!!

      Thank you so much for your efforts on my behalf.

      I will try to merge the two clips and see what happens. I'm
      reasonabley sure I wil be posting here again requesting additional
      assistance.

      Just out of curosity, what language is the "Clip Lanugage" based on.
      Perhaps I could find some tutorial info about it. I have read the
      clip tutorial by Jody Adair and it was a great starting place but
      nowhere can I find a reference to "^$GetDocMatchAll" or "^!
      SetListDelimiter". Also, I'm sure the switches you used in assigning
      the criteria for the varibles %Pattern% and ^%Pattern% are probably
      in the Help files someplace but I can't find them. For instance, I
      do recognise the hex representations for space and quotes although I
      don't know why there is a "-" in front of them. I really don't want
      to become a pest.

      Once again, THANK YOU for taking the time to assist me.

      Best regards,

      Chuck

      > Chuck wrote:
      > > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@>
      wrote:

      > >> Open one of your filtered binary files and run this clip. It
      will

      > > put
      > >
      > >> the matches into a new document buffer. See if it does you're
      > >>
      > > aiming for.
      > >
      > >> H="Get Player Info"
      > >> ^!Select 0
      > >> ^!SetListDelimiter ^P
      > >> ^!Set %pattern%="(?s)\{\R\K\x22classname\x22\x20"
      > >> ^!Set %pattern%="^%pattern%\x22info_player_\w+[^\x7D]+(?=\})"
      > >> ^!Set %matchtext%=^$GetDocMatchAll("^%pattern%";0)$
      > >> ^!Toolbar New Document
      > >> ^!InsertCode ^%matchtext%
      > >> ^!ClearVariable %matchtext%
      > >> ^!ClearVariable %pattern%
      > >> ;end of clip
      > >>
      > >> In your message, did you mean that there are over 500 different
      > >>
      > > binary
      > >
      > >> files to be done? If so, you probably don't want to select them
      one

      > > at
      > >
      > >> a time. Instead you would want to put all the files into one
      > >>
      > > directory
      > >
      > >> and make a clip that processes all of them.
      > >>
      > >> Regards,
      > >> Sheri
      > >>

      > > Thanks again for trying to help. I am probably doing something
      wrong
      > > but when I run this clip with my binary (Test.bsp) file and then
      open
      > > a text document and paste, all I get is a copy of the clip script.
      > >

      > I pasted your sample text to an empty document and ran my "Get
      Player
      > Info" clip. It produced the result below. All you need to do is run
      the
      > clip with your test.bsp as the active document. The clip itself
      makes
      > and shows a new document with the result in it. The clip ("clip" is
      > NoteTab lingo for a NoteTab script) does not alter the clipboard.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Sheri
      >
      > "classname" "info_player_axis"
      > "origin" "3504 -824 8"
      >
      > "classname" "info_player_axis"
      > "origin" "3408 -2000 8"
      >
      > "classname" "info_player_axis"
      > "origin" "3592 -1256 8"
      >
      > "classname" "info_player_axis"
      > "origin" "3640 -1776 8"
      >
      > "classname" "info_player_axis"
      > "origin" "3416 2488 8"
      >
      > "classname" "info_player_axis"
      > "origin" "3432 1144 8"
      >
      > "classname" "info_player_axis"
      > "origin" "3608 1024 8"
      >
      > "classname" "info_player_allied"
      > "origin" "-4448 584 8"

    • rainmark
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 12 7:12 AM
        Yes, I am at least one of the culprits.

        I didn't realize until a few days ago that this was a no-no and that it
        caused problems on the Yahoo list.

        I guess the proper way is to simply address a new email to the list.

        My apologies to all.