RE: [Clip] Re: Extract information using Find, Copy & Paste

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 68 , Jul 11, 2008
      I have two computers, one of each. I turned UAC off on Vista, and never looked back - that makes it much like XP.

      I also installed Virtual PC (free from MS), and installed a copy of XP there, and some programs that are not Vista
      compatible there. Very nice.

      A little hint: With UAC on, Vista uses a 'Virtual Store', which takes whatever data would normally be written to Program
      Files in XP. That breaks many older programs. Turn UAC off, and Virtual Store goes away too.

      John

      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 12, 2008
        Yes, I am at least one of the culprits.

        I didn't realize until a few days ago that this was a no-no and that it
        caused problems on the Yahoo list.

        I guess the proper way is to simply address a new email to the list.

        My apologies to all.