Re: [Clip] Re: Extract information using Find, Copy & Paste

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 68 , Jul 11, 2008
      Chuck wrote:

      > Hi and Thanks for answering.
      >
      > I am having a little difficulty opening the file. From running the
      > clip it appears the path is the applications folder in Program
      > Files. I copied one of my files to that folder but I get an error
      > message stating:
      > File "C:\Program Files\NoteTabPro Trial\"Angryfields.bsp{(T=0;F=EXE
      > Files" not found.

      If you created the clip correctly, you should be able to click on the
      [...] button to browse to a different folder, and choose an EXE or BIN
      file in another folder. Once you are able to run it as is, then you can
      try changing the EXEs to BSPs.

      You might not be creating or running the clip correctly. You need to
      have a clip library visible in the clipbook. Copy the clip code from the
      original message to the clipboard. Right click in the list of clip names
      in the clipbook and select Add from Clipboard. Give the clip a name when
      prompted. Right click on the new clip name and choose Edit Clip. Remove
      the extra line break for the long line (all the lines in the clip should
      be blue or gray - the black line needs to be part of the line above it).

      The clip works for me as is, but this line:

      ^!Open ^%sourcefile%

      really should have quotes around the variable name:

      ^!Open "^%sourcefile%"

      So you should change that line too.

      Finally right click again and choose Save. Now activate a document tab
      and double click the clip name in clipbook.

    • rainmark
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 12, 2008
        Yes, I am at least one of the culprits.

        I didn't realize until a few days ago that this was a no-no and that it
        caused problems on the Yahoo list.

        I guess the proper way is to simply address a new email to the list.

        My apologies to all.