Re: Extract information using Find, Copy & Paste

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 68 , Jul 11, 2008

      > Looks like Yahoo is acting up, I got two versions of this message in
      > email, but only one showed up at the forum web site. And in another
      > Yahoo group, a message I posted at the web site yesterday never came
      > to my email.
      >
      > Anyway, this may help you with some of what you're trying to do:
      >
      > ;start long line
      > ^!Set %sourcefile%="^?{(T=O;F="EXE Files
      > (*.exe;*.bin)|*.exe;*.bin")Select source file=^%sourcefile%}"
      > ;end long line
      > ^!Set %myoutfile%="^$ChangeFileExt("^%sourcefile%";"xyz")$"
      > ^!Open ^%sourcefile%
      > ^!Setwordwrap off
      > ;use find or whatever you need to select what should be extracted
      > ;this just selects line 1
      > ^!Select 1
      > ^!Continue About to Append selection to ^%myoutfile%
      > ^!AppendToFile "^%myoutfile%" ^$GetSelection$
      > ^!Open "^%myoutfile%"
      >

      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <kc4vjb@> wrote:
      > > ^!IfTrue ^!Find ""info_player_allied"" Loop1 ELSE Next
      >
      > That won't work. ^!Find is a command, not a condition.
      >
      > To determine if ^!Find found something, use
      >
      > ^!IfError NotFoundLabel Else FoundLabel
      >
      > Its possible you could get everything you need from a file without
      > looping by using ^$GetDocMatchAll$ and a regular expression. But
      you'd
      > probably need to post a sample file with corresponding desired
      output
      > to get help doing it that way.
      >
      > You've got some ^!Keyboard commands in your clip which should be
      > eliminated in favor of other clip commands for selecting text. I'll
      > have to look more closely at what the keyboard stuff does to suggest
      > an exact alternative.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Sheri

      Hi and Thanks for answering.

      I am having a little difficulty opening the file. From running the
      clip it appears the path is the applications folder in Program
      Files. I copied one of my files to that folder but I get an error
      message stating:
      File "C:\Program Files\NoteTabPro Trial\"Angryfields.bsp{(T=0;F=EXE
      Files" not found.

      It also copies this line to my crusors location in the file I have
      open BEFORE I select the Append command:
      (*.exe;*.bin)|*.exe;*.bin")Select source file="Angryfields.bsp
      {(T=O;F="BSP Files}"

      I am guessing the *.exe;*.bin are search criteria for the binary
      files. I tried changing that part of the clip by adding *.bsp to
      both instances but that returned the same error message with the new
      extension.

      I'll not waste you time with my assumptions of what I think you are
      doing but could I add a varible to set the path to my folder
      containing the bsp files? THe path is C:\BSP_Files.

      Thank you again for you assistance and your patience.

      Chuck
    • rainmark
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 12, 2008
        Yes, I am at least one of the culprits.

        I didn't realize until a few days ago that this was a no-no and that it
        caused problems on the Yahoo list.

        I guess the proper way is to simply address a new email to the list.

        My apologies to all.