Re: Extract information using Find, Copy & Paste

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 68 , Jul 11, 2008
      Looks like Yahoo is acting up, I got two versions of this message in
      email, but only one showed up at the forum web site. And in another
      Yahoo group, a message I posted at the web site yesterday never came
      to my email.

      Anyway, this may help you with some of what you're trying to do:

      ;start long line
      ^!Set %sourcefile%="^?{(T=O;F="EXE Files
      (*.exe;*.bin)|*.exe;*.bin")Select source file=^%sourcefile%}"
      ;end long line
      ^!Set %myoutfile%="^$ChangeFileExt("^%sourcefile%";"xyz")$"
      ^!Open ^%sourcefile%
      ^!Setwordwrap off
      ;use find or whatever you need to select what should be extracted
      ;this just selects line 1
      ^!Select 1
      ^!Continue About to Append selection to ^%myoutfile%
      ^!AppendToFile "^%myoutfile%" ^$GetSelection$
      ^!Open "^%myoutfile%"

      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck" <kc4vjb@...> wrote:
      > ^!IfTrue ^!Find ""info_player_allied"" Loop1 ELSE Next

      That won't work. ^!Find is a command, not a condition.

      To determine if ^!Find found something, use

      ^!IfError NotFoundLabel Else FoundLabel

      Its possible you could get everything you need from a file without
      looping by using ^$GetDocMatchAll$ and a regular expression. But you'd
      probably need to post a sample file with corresponding desired output
      to get help doing it that way.

      You've got some ^!Keyboard commands in your clip which should be
      eliminated in favor of other clip commands for selecting text. I'll
      have to look more closely at what the keyboard stuff does to suggest
      an exact alternative.

    • rainmark
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 12, 2008
        Yes, I am at least one of the culprits.

        I didn't realize until a few days ago that this was a no-no and that it
        caused problems on the Yahoo list.

        I guess the proper way is to simply address a new email to the list.

        My apologies to all.