Re: [NTB] Change Text File Encoding

  • Jono
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2008
      Thanks Lotta. That works very well. I've never done much with clips
      outside of easy ones like the utilities and HTML tagging.

      Is there a way to place the clip up on the toolbar as a button? If
      that's possible, I could apply it to the text files without having to
      show the clip bar, therefore saving real estate.

      Thanks again!

      Jono

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

      > Jono wrote:
      > >This is where the problem comes in. TXTcollector will only combine
      > >text files that are encoded as ANSI, but Cobian emails me a Unicode
      > >encoded txt file. I chose to have NoteTab Pro replace the MS Notepad
      > >since that's what I prefer to use. MS Notepad, however, gives the
      > >option to "Save As..." with different encoding, but I can't find that
      > >option in NoteTab.
      >
      > I've also struggled with this. There's a clip command called ^!Export
      > and one of its options is ANSI. Alas it doesn't do what you'd think
      > at all. I use the below clip. Maybe there is a more obvious way, but
      > it escapes me.
      >
      > P.S. This should really go on the clip list. My fault, you certainly
      > didn't ask for a clip! But I don't know if you are on that list. If
      > you are not and you don't know how to run clips, please sign up and
      > we'll continue there. :-)
      > <mailto:ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com>
      >
      > ------------------------
      > h="ExportToAnsi"
      > ;This clip will send the focused doc to the bin
      > ;and replace it with a new ANSI doc with the
      > ; same name and content.
      > ^!Set %name%=^$GetDocName$
      > ^!Set %text%=^$GetText$
      > ^!DestroyDoc
      > ^!AppendToFile "^%name%" ^%text%
      > ^!Open ^%name%
      > ------------------------
      >
      > Lotta

    • loro
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 28, 2008
        Jono wrote:
        >Thanks Lotta. That works very well. I've never done much with clips
        >outside of easy ones like the utilities and HTML tagging.

        Good! And welcome to the Clip list. :-)

        >Is there a way to place the clip up on the toolbar as a button? If
        >that's possible, I could apply it to the text files without having to
        >show the clip bar, therefore saving real estate.

        Yes. Well, not on the toolbar, but on a clipbar. You just drag it
        there. The procedure is explained in the below section of the HELP file.
        Reference Information | Tools | Using and Creating Clipbars

        Lotta
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 28, 2008
          Jono wrote:
          > Is there a way to place the clip up on the toolbar as a button?
          > If that's possible, I could apply it to the text files without
          > having to show the clip bar, therefore saving real estate.

          As Lotta said, not as such. But you could do the reverse: If you
          call everything you need from the toolbar in clips, you can then
          place these in the clipbar and not show the toolbar. This would
          achieve you goal of only one tools line above.

          Axel
        • Jono
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 28, 2008
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:
            > Yes. Well, not on the toolbar, but on a clipbar. You just drag it
            > there. The procedure is explained in the below section of the HELP file.
            > Reference Information | Tools | Using and Creating Clipbars
            >
            > Lotta

            I figured that out while I was waiting on my message to be approved.
            I already had the HTML clipbar displayed, so I just added the clip to
            that. I even created my own icon for it. It works great. This is
            really going to be a time saver for me.

            Thanks Lotta and Axel for your help!

            Jono
          • ebbtidalflats
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 30, 2008
              Hi Jono,
              and others, who have been waiting to get their message approved (as I
              had been, not so long ago).

              Unless you're reading this group via message digest, there is no
              "wait" to get your message approved. The wait is in your browser, so
              just click on your browser's "REFRESH" or "RELOAD" button, to get your
              message to show up.

              Of course you might not see THIS message, as it is a bit offtopic, and
              might actually be stomped by the moderator ..-,> (stomped smiley)

              Cheers,

              Eb