keyboard in odd character?

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 11, 2008
      I need a dot in data I am entering.

      I am using this character >•< which should appear as a >dot< perhaps.

      I use these lines in my clip:
      ^!Set %address%="^%address%•^%the_data6% ^%the_data7% ^%the_data8%"
      ^!Keyboard #^%address%#

      The Dot disappears (you should see it between ^%address% and ^%the_data6%.

      I am having this keyboarded into a form on a web page.

      Thanks,

      Don
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 11, 2008
        Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
        > I need a dot in data I am entering.
        >
        > I am using this character >•< which should appear as a >dot< perhaps.
        >
        > I use these lines in my clip:
        > ^!Set %address%="^%address%•^%the_data6% ^%the_data7% ^%the_data8%"
        > ^!Keyboard #^%address%#
        >
        > The Dot disappears (you should see it between ^%address% and ^%the_data6%.
        >
        > I am having this keyboarded into a form on a web page.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Don

        I find that a bullet may be 95 ...
        but if I do this:
        ^!Keyboard #word# $20 $95 $20 #word#

        I get wordspacenothingspaceword

        So I am not getting a bullet.

        Halp! ;-)
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 11, 2008
          "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
          > ^!Keyboard $95

          Well it's possible that you can only "keyboard" what you can type --
          I don't know that part of NoteTab. Is there a reason why you can't
          just type "•" or "•"?

          Axel
        • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 11, 2008
            Axel Berger wrote:
            > "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
            >> ^!Keyboard $95
            >
            > Well it's possible that you can only "keyboard" what you can type --
            > I don't know that part of NoteTab. Is there a reason why you can't
            > just type "•" or "•"?
            >
            > Axel

            Thanks Axel for the response. Unfortunately those suggestions will
            place character codes in a file that when rendered in html will put a
            bullet in the display on screen. I am actually trying to fill out a
            form on the web and I need the actual bullet inserted. Unfortunately
            doing what you suggest won't achieve that.

            I am able to get this:
            WORD • WORD

            By using this:
            ^!SetClipboard •
            ^!Keyboard #word# $20 CTRL+V $20 #word#

            I can actually paste the bullet to the clipboard ... so it exists but
            how do I get it to enter from the keyboard. I don't need to solve this
            now because this clip is simple enough to simply set the clipboard at
            the beginning of the clip and then re-use it the several times I need
            it. If I was using the clipboard in any other way however, then it
            would get more cumbersome, so I'd still like to solve it if possible.

            Thanks for thinking on my behalf!

            Don
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 11, 2008
              "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
              > ^!Keyboard #word# $20 CTRL+V $20 #word#

              As I said, I don't know the keyboard function. But if it accepts
              your "CTRL+V", might it not also accept something like "ALT+0149"?

              I just looked at the help file:
              ALTDOWN 0 1 4 9 ALTUP is a possibility, but the help does not say
              how to specify using the numberblock.

              Axel
            • Art Kocsis
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 11, 2008
                Is this what you want?

                ^!SetClipboard •
                ^!Set %address2%="^%the_data6% ^%the_data7% ^%the_data8%^%NL%"
                ^!Keyboard #^%address%# CTRL+V #^%address2%#

                Art

                At 6/11/2008 07:24 AM, you wrote:
                >I need a dot in data I am entering.
                >
                >I am using this character >•< which should appear as a >dot< perhaps.
                >
                >I use these lines in my clip:
                >^!Set %address%="^%address%•^%the_data6% ^%the_data7% ^%the_data8%"
                >^!Keyboard #^%address%#
                >
                >The Dot disappears (you should see it between ^%address% and ^%the_data6%.
                >
                >I am having this keyboarded into a form on a web page.
                >
                >Thanks,
                >
                >Don
              • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 11, 2008
                  Art Kocsis wrote:
                  > Is this what you want?
                  >
                  > ^!SetClipboard •
                  > ^!Set %address2%="^%the_data6% ^%the_data7% ^%the_data8%^%NL%"
                  > ^!Keyboard #^%address%# CTRL+V #^%address2%#

                  Hi Art,

                  That does achieve the desired result, but I am hoping for a direct entry
                  method. While this solves this issue what if I had two such characters
                  to insert in the string?

                  Don
                • Art Kocsis
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 11, 2008
                    Either it is a bug or by design, NoteTab does not appear to support
                    extended characters (above 80 hex or 128 decimal), in (at least),
                    the ^!Set and ^!Keyboard commands. So just extend what I gave
                    you before. Multiple ^!Keyboard output strings are concatenated
                    until terminated. Play with this work around:

                    ^!SetClipboard •
                    ^!Keyboard #test8:# #string1# $20 CTRL+V $20 #string2#
                    ^!SetClipboard ^$DecToChar(151)$
                    ^!Keyboard $22 CTRL+V $22 #string3#
                    ^!SetClipboard ^$DecToChar(167)$
                    ^!Keyboard $20 CTRL+V $20 #string4#
                    ^!SetClipboard ^$DecToChar(169)$
                    ^!Keyboard $22 CTRL+V $22 #string5# #^%NL%# #^%NL%#

                    Art

                    At 6/11/2008 04:56 PM, you wrote:
                    >Art Kocsis wrote:
                    > > Is this what you want?
                    > >
                    > > ^!SetClipboard •
                    > > ^!Set %address2%="^%the_data6% ^%the_data7% ^%the_data8%^%NL%"
                    > > ^!Keyboard #^%address%# CTRL+V #^%address2%#
                    > >
                    >Hi Art,
                    >
                    >That does achieve the desired result, but I am hoping for a direct entry
                    >method. While this solves this issue what if I had two such characters
                    >to insert in the string?
                    >
                    >Don
                  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 12, 2008
                      Art Kocsis wrote:
                      > Either it is a bug or by design, NoteTab does not appear to support
                      > extended characters (above 80 hex or 128 decimal), in (at least),
                      > the ^!Set and ^!Keyboard commands. So just extend what I gave
                      > you before. Multiple ^!Keyboard output strings are concatenated
                      > until terminated. Play with this work around:
                      >
                      > ^!SetClipboard •
                      > ^!Keyboard #test8:# #string1# $20 CTRL+V $20 #string2#
                      > ^!SetClipboard ^$DecToChar(151)$
                      > ^!Keyboard $22 CTRL+V $22 #string3#
                      > ^!SetClipboard ^$DecToChar(167)$
                      > ^!Keyboard $20 CTRL+V $20 #string4#
                      > ^!SetClipboard ^$DecToChar(169)$
                      > ^!Keyboard $22 CTRL+V $22 #string5# #^%NL%# #^%NL%#
                      >
                      > Art

                      It seems that maybe notetab should support the extended characters. I
                      wonder why not. Thanks Art for figuring that out. Help also should
                      mention the limitation it seems to me. Maybe this can either be fixed
                      or mentioned in the newest version 5.7 that will be released some day soon.
                    • hsavage
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 12, 2008
                        Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
                        > I need a dot in data I am entering.
                        >
                        > I am using this character >•< which should appear as a >dot< perhaps.
                        >
                        > I use these lines in my clip:
                        > ^!Set %address%="^%address%•^%the_data6% ^%the_data7% ^%the_data8%"
                        > ^!Keyboard #^%address%#
                        >
                        > The Dot disappears (you should see it between ^%address% and
                        ^%the_data6%.

                        > I am having this keyboarded into a form on a web page.
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        >
                        > Don

                        Don,

                        The sample clip below should solve your problem with a few changes to
                        the way you setup your variables.

                        ^!ClipBoardSave and ^!ClipBoardRestore +, work great, a sample clip is
                        included to demonstrate the use of the commands.

                        ^!ClipBoardSave (added in v4.6)
                        Saves the Clipboard contents (any type of data) in NoteTab's internal
                        memory. This command is to be used in conjunction with
                        ^!ClipBoardRestore. It is particularly useful when you want to use the
                        Clipboard for temporary storage without permanently removing what the
                        user may have initially stored in it.

                        ^!ClipBoardRestore [+] (added in v4.6)
                        Restore the contents of clipboard saved through the ^!ClipBoardSave
                        command. Use the optional "+" parameter if you want NoteTab to keep the
                        saved Clipboard data in its internal memory (lets you restore it again
                        at a later stage).

                        ----------------------------
                        h=bullet
                        ; Save the bullet to clipboard in this manner at beginning of clip.
                        ^!SetClipboard •
                        ^!ClipBoardSave

                        ^!SetClipboard XXXXX

                        ^!Set %address%="40 Golf Course Road"; %the_data6%="THE DATA6";
                        %the_data7%="THE DATA7"; %the_data8%="THE DATA8"

                        ; For each subsequent use of bullet preface each ^!KeyBoard command with
                        ^!ClipBoardRestore +
                        ; only necessary if you've copied some else to the clipboard in the interim.
                        ; the ^!SetClipboard command for XXXXX and YYYYY are there for demo
                        purposes only.

                        ^!ClipBoardRestore +
                        ^!Keyboard #^%address%# $20 Ctrl+V $20 #^%the_data6%# $20 #^%the_data7%#
                        $20 #^%the_data8%# ENTER

                        ^!SetClipboard YYYYY

                        ^!ClipBoardRestore +
                        ^!Keyboard #WORD# $20 CTRL+V $20 #WORD# ENTER ENTER

                        ºvº SL_164 created_2008.06.12_20.20.07

                        Newspaper HeadLine...
                        • Some Pieces of Rock Hudson Sold at Auction
                        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com