[Clip] Re: Help with extra lines & spaces

  • Sky-Surfer
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 2, 1999
      Hiya Claus,

      I have tried & tested your suggestion, and I must admit, it's the best clip
      I have seen for this so far. But there is one lil' glitch. It won't touch
      any of the extra spaces or tabs that are placed at the end of the last line.
      (I can still use it though - Thanx!)

      I would really like one that simply backspaces multiple times UNTIL it
      reaches actual text. I'm not too familiar with the LOOP, nor the IF
      command, or I would try & modify your shared clip. 8-(

      Can somebody please help me...?!?!?!?! (Please don't tell me this is an
      "impossibility" with NTP - I HATE that word...!!! 8-)

      Thanx in advance!

      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 2, 1999
        Hi Sky-Surfer,

        > I would really like one that simply backspaces multiple times
        > UNTIL it reaches actual text. I'm not too familiar with the
        > LOOP, nor the IF command, or I would try & modify your shared
        > clip. 8-(

        The clips below should make you last topic look like the rest.
        (I put the two spaces back in *before* the bottom "------
        separator ------" so it would be uniform with the rest. you can
        add them in Claes' Clip in the Insert line.

        >Can somebody please help me...?!?!?!?! (Please don't tell me this is an
        >"impossibility" with NTP - I HATE that word...!!! 8-)

        Of course NoteTab can do it. It is just a matter of knowing what
        you need. ;)

        ^!KEYBOARD CTRL+End CTRL+V
        ^!Replace "^P ^P" >> "^p^p" SB
        :loop
        ^!Select -2
        ^!If ^$GetSelection$ = ^%NL% loop
        ^!jump +1
        ^!Select +999
        ^!Keyboard DELETE
        ^!InsertText ^%NL%-------------------------^%NL%

        Claes' is definitley shorter, but I am sending this again for the
        code that you can get out of it for other things. I should work
        as well. There are other methods to do as well. I like using
        the code I did though just 'cause it pleases me mainly because
        when soing a lot of loops (in other clips) it is faster when no
        selection has to be made. In your case though Claes' is just
        fine as his Clips always are.

        ^!Jump Doc_End
        ^!Replace "^P ^P" >> "^p^p" SB
        ^!Find "-----------------------------" SB
        ^!Jump Line_Start
        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+End
        ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ Next else Skip_2
        ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
        ^!Goto Skip_-2
        ^!InsertText ^p

        ^!Jump -2
        ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ Next else Skip_2
        ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
        ^!Goto Skip_-2
        ^!InsertText ^p
        ^!Replace "^P ^P ^P ^P^P" >> "^p " SB

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
      • Sky-Surfer
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 2, 1999
          Hiya Jody,

          You have royally lost me on your last post. I take the blame
          though... I guess I didn't describe my prediciment clearly enough...
          Here we go again. 8-)

          > > Well, unfortunately, it IS a bit more complicated than that.
          > > The clip I am in need of, will paste at the bottom of the
          > > current subject within an outlined document. Then (and here's
          > > the catch) it must back-space anywhere from 0-4 times until it
          > > reaches actual text. (In other words, what I am pasting has
          > > different endings. I need to delete all the extra spaces &
          > > carrage returns from the bottom.)
          >
          > Did you try the Clip?

          Yes - both of them. Neither of them affect the end of the document
          AFTER the paste.

          Please ignore the fact that I am doing a paste. Instead pretend that
          *from the current cursor position* I want to simply back-space a few
          times until I reach actual text.

          In other words: The clip I am looking for will delete all spaces,
          tabs, and carrage returns from the current cursor position going
          backwards until text is reached. (Usually a period)
          Sorry if I was vague in my last posts... 8-(

          > Are the two spaces on blanks lines mandatory for you?

          No - My whole object here is to get rid of extra spaces & blank
          lines.

          > Are they be inserted by your Clip or the way the text is coming in
          > on the newsgroup or list you are getting them from.

          The unwanted spaces/tabs/carrage returns are unwittingly copied from
          an external source. (I currently check my mail through Outlook
          Express)

          > Or, is that something that is coming in your eMail from the html
          > formatting you have turned on? You might want to turn that off
          > anyway because there are people that cannot read your posts and
          > those that answer have to do extra work to strip the formatting
          > out before reposting. Thanks!

          Good call... This post (and all future to this NG) should be now in
          plain text.

          Sorry to complicate what is probably the easiest clip imaginable.
          (I'm still open for help though... hint/hint)

          I know you all will come through for me...

          /\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\
          Going where the wind goes - Blooming like a red rose
          \//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\/
          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 2, 1999
            Hi Sky-Surfer,

            Here is just another way for you to study. It is similar to
            Claes' but uses a little bit different code. If you do not
            want the two spaces above your last ------- take them out of
            the insert line. (Sorry about my other one that used Jump
            Doc_End. I forgot you were pasting from the Clipboard. I was
            testing with the text already there.) You might need to add
            another ^p to the first Replace that gets those two spaces at the
            end if you end up with two blank lines at the end. It is hard to
            know in eMail exactly what you have. There is still more ways of
            doing it and also to get the two spaces at the bottom, but that
            seems the easiest to me.

            ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V Ctrl+End
            ^!Replace "^P ^P" >> "^p^p" SB
            ^!Keyboard Ctrl+End
            ^!Jump -4
            ^!If ^$GetLine$ > 2 Skip_2 else Next
            ^!IfSame "^$GetLine$" " " Next Else Skip_2
            ^!Jump -1
            ^!Goto Skip_-3
            ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+End
            ^!Toolbar Clear All
            ^!InsertText ^p ^p-----------------------^p

            Adjust your --- length of course. <g>

            Thanks for taking tuning your formatting off. :)

            Bye for now,
            Jody Adair
            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

            http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
            http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 2, 1999
              I am still in search of...

              *From the current cursor position* I need a clip that will simply
              back-space a few times until it reaches actual text. In other words:
              The clip I am looking for will delete all spaces, tabs, and carrage
              returns from the current cursor position going backwards until text
              is reached. (Usually a period)

              Sorry if I was vague in my last posts... 8-(
              Can anyone help me?

              On Nov. 2nd, Jody suggested:

              > ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V Ctrl+End
              > ^!Replace "^P ^P" >> "^p^p" SB
              > ^!Keyboard Ctrl+End
              > ^!Jump -4
              > ^!If ^$GetLine$ > 2 Skip_2 else Next
              > ^!IfSame "^$GetLine$" " " Next Else Skip_2
              > ^!Jump -1
              > ^!Goto Skip_-3
              > ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+End
              > ^!Toolbar Clear All
              > ^!InsertText ^p ^p-----------------------^p

              Getting warmer I think, although this last clip you sent me bugged my
              'puter out a bit. (Flashed a million messages in my status bar and
              gave me a clip-book drop down menu, right smack dab in the middle of
              my document...?!?!?! (Just like a JavaScript drop down menu - I kid
              you not!))

              Anyway, you did enlighten me to a valuable clip command in your last
              post. (So simple, yet so sweet!)

              ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+End
              ^!Toolbar Clear All

              This mini-clip would work perfectly if I could just add one more
              command to the top. (Which command you say...?? Well that's a very
              good question. Which ever command would relocate my curser *directly
              after* the last actual text within an outlined topic...???)

              OHH-NOO! There I go with the run-on sentences again...!!!

              I guess my first two paragraphs in this post depicts it best...
              I should have stopped while I was ahead... LOL

              > Thanks for taking tuning your formatting off. :)

              Thanx for pointing out my carelessness. :)

              Seek out the truth - and Ye shall find it...
              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 2, 1999
                Hi Sky-Surfer,

                > Flashed a million messages in my status bar

                It went into a loop. (Ctrl+Alt to stop). Perhaps there was
                Paste Board conflict which I suspect you are using or you might
                have been using my broke one. :(

                Here is from the other post I was working on when your latest
                came it. Hopefully this will do you. If not, Claes is coming
                on shift after awhile. <bg> I have no problem working on it
                though.

                > In other words: The clip I am looking for will delete all
                > spaces, tabs, and carrage returns from the current cursor
                > position going backwards until text is reached.

                You can take the Jump -4 out if you want. I just didn't see any
                sense in checking lines that obviously we wanted to get rid of.

                ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V Ctrl+End
                ^!Jump -4
                ^!Find "[a-z].*" SBRI
                ^!IfError Next Else Skip_2
                ^!Jump -1
                ^!Goto Skip_-3
                ^!Jump Select_End
                ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+End
                ^!Toolbar Clear All
                ^!InsertText ^p^p----------------------------^p

                If, you are careful to always select the same way so that you
                always have the same amount of lines underneath the text, then
                you could do this replacing nnn with the number:

                ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V Ctrl+End
                ^!Jump -nnn
                ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+End
                ^!Toolbar Clear All
                ^!InsertText ^p^p----------------------------^p

                >> Are the two spaces on blanks lines mandatory for you?
                >
                > No - My whole object here is to get rid of extra spaces & blank
                > lines.

                See my other post about using Trim Blanks. It will get rid of
                all those spaces and save you a lot of work.

                I am curious to why you are get all those ends line that with
                the extra lines (I understand the spaces).

                Bye for now,
                Jody Adair
                Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

                http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
                http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
                http://www.sureword.com/notetab
              • Claes Gauffin
                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 2, 1999
                  Hi Sky-Surfer, Jody,

                  Here comes the night-shift.
                  Jody, you beat me on the regexp-attempt:-)
                  But when I tried it out, it seemed to me that NTP's somewhat capricious
                  regexp feature couldn't handle backward search. Hence I came up with this.

                  So, dear Sky-Surfer, here is another one. Beware though, here are regular
                  expressions, which is a bit uncharted waters in NTP. You
                  know what the old mapmakers wrote when you were at risk of
                  sailing off the edge of the world: "Hoc est dragones".

                  So, please try it out well before applying in earnest

                  Regards /Claes

                  ^!KEYBOARD CTRL+End CTRL+V
                  :CheckNext
                  ^!Select line
                  ^!Find "[a-z0-9]" HSIR
                  ^!IfError Delete
                  ^!Jump text_end
                  ^!InsertText ^%NL%-------------------------^%NL%
                  ^!Goto exit
                  ^!Select line
                  ^!Keyboard Backspace
                  ^!Goto CheckNext
                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 2, 1999
                    Hi Claes,

                    > Here comes the night-shift.

                    'Bout time!-)

                    > Jody, you beat me on the regexp-attempt:-)

                    I hardly ever use them since I don't know regExp so I forget
                    about them being there.

                    > But when I tried it out, it seemed to me that NTP's somewhat
                    > capricious regexp feature couldn't handle backward search.

                    It works for me backwards; wonder what the difference is. I did
                    forget numbers though so this would have failed in mine, but not
                    no more!-) Thanks!

                    BELOW these contents BEFORE the next line separator
                    1.

                    Try this again and see if it goes backwards. I took the
                    Jump -4 out:

                    H=Strip End regExp
                    ^!SetScreenUpDate Off
                    ^!Keyboard Ctrl+End
                    ^!Jump -4
                    ^!Find "[a-z0-9].*" SBRI
                    ^!IfError Next Else Skip_2
                    ^!Jump -1
                    ^!Goto Skip_-3
                    ^!Jump Select_end
                    ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+End
                    ^!Toolbar Clear All
                    ^!InsertText ^p^p^t--- ^$GetDate(yyyy.mm.dd, hh:nn:ss)$ ---^p

                    c ya,
                    jody

                    I can only please one person a day.
                    Today is obviously not your day.
                    Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 3, 1999
                      Hi Jody,

                      I think we have more or less the same solution. You have as usual those
                      careful little details like screenupdate off and time stamp in the
                      separator line. Nice.

                      A couple of points:

                      - I think your clip would be less ad hoc if you remove the ^!jump -4. It
                      works just as well and is more generic.

                      - With the stubbornness of a cuckoo clock, I insist that find backwards
                      does not work with regexp. You are in fact searching forward in your clip.
                      Try removing the "B" in your ^!Find, and you will see that it works just as
                      beautiful!

                      Regards /Claes
                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 3, 1999
                        Hi Claes,

                        > - I think your clip would be less ad hoc if you remove the
                        > ^!jump -4. It works just as well and is more generic.

                        My note said I took it out, but appearently something got my
                        attention before I did. The reason why it "was working" for me
                        was the jump -4.

                        You are right! B no workie. Thanks! I tested that twice though
                        befor and saw a line get selected. What was happenning though I
                        believe was since it was going -4 on what I was testing (before I
                        got to jump_end it was actually searching forward on a line I was
                        jumping back to. :( Thanks and good ClipNite. I will look at your
                        again tomorrow.

                        The two most common elements in the
                        universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

                        Signed,
                        I. Claim Ignorance

                        mailto:CF@...?subject=subscribe
                      • Sky-Surfer
                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 3, 1999
                          Hiya Jody & Claes,

                          Well, I think we finally have a winner!!! I have learned so very
                          much from both of you - Thank you both for all your help by showing
                          me various solutions through different eyes...!!! 8-)

                          I have tested all of the clips that you both sent to me -
                          and even experimented with slightly modifying them to make them more
                          applicable for my situation. I have ended up with a clip that
                          combines the best of both worlds...!!
                          (With a few polishing "touch-ups" by me...)

                          For the rest of you reading this, the following clip will basically:

                          * Jump to the end of your document
                          * Paste the clipboard contents
                          --- Here's the tricky part: ---
                          * Delete all spaces, tabs, and carriage returns, from the end
                          * Add a blank line, a dotted line, and another blank line.

                          <--- Copy below this line --->
                          H=PerfectPaste@End
                          ^!Keyboard CTRL+End CTRL+V
                          ^!InsertText ^%NL%^%NL%
                          :Loop
                          ^!Select -2
                          ^!If ^$GetSelection$ = ^%NL% Loop
                          ^!Find "a-z0-9".* SBH
                          ^!Jump Select_End
                          ^!Select +999
                          ^!Keyboard Delete
                          ^!InsertText ^%NL%^%NL%------------------------------^%NL%^%NL%
                          <--- Copy above this line, right --->
                          <--- click over the Clipbook and --->
                          <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

                          NOTE:

                          Notice the second command line. (^!InsertText ^%NL%^%NL%)
                          I had to add this command to add extra lines here, or else, (if there
                          was no extra spaces, tabs, or carriage returns at the end of the
                          clipboard) the clip would *not* add the correct spacing or dotted
                          line separator at the end.

                          Also, for this clip to work smoothly, you must set the document's
                          properties to "Trim White Spaces" in the "Document | Properties"
                          dialogue box. (Otherwise, if there is an odd number of spaces/tabs
                          on the last line with text on it, an unwanted space/tab will remain.)

                          Two more questions for the whizzes:

                          1) Can either of you help explain the depth of the following
                          search parameters?

                          ^!Find "a-z0-9".* SBH

                          I understand the SBH part. But I am having difficulty figuring out
                          the scope of the added "period" & "*". Is this creating a wild-card
                          search, and if so, what extra parameter is being added to the search
                          besides the a-z & 0-9...??? I ask because my testing so far with
                          this "Gem" has been flawless, but until I understand this line
                          completely, I won't be able to say it IS flawless... 8-)

                          2) Is the Loop command simply a modified IF/THEN/GOTO command...??

                          There is *very* little information about this command in NTP's help
                          file. Actually, NO mention of Loop except for how to get out of one!
                          ;)

                          THANX again for your patience & insight.

                          Nothin' Left To Do But...
                          SMILE
                          SMILE
                          SMILE
                          :)
                        • Claes Gauffin
                          Message 12 of 22 , Nov 3, 1999
                            Hi Sky-Surfer

                            At 15:01 1999-11-03 -0500, you wrote:

                            >1) Can either of you help explain the depth of the following
                            >search parameters?
                            >
                            >^!Find "a-z0-9".* SBH

                            That does not seem quite right. What you should have is a regular expression
                            like this:
                            ^!Find "[a-z0-9].*" SBHRI

                            which says: search silently, backwards, within the current selection, using
                            regular expression syntax, ignoring case, for any character between a-z or
                            0-9,
                            followed by any number of any character.

                            Actually, for your purposes I don't think you need the .* part. As soon as
                            you find one letter or number you know this is a line that should not be
                            deleted. Also, as you may have gathered from the talk Jody and I had,
                            backward searching does not work with regular expressions, yet. (We are a
                            number of people who quite hope for some polishing of regexps in coming
                            releases...)

                            >2) Is the Loop command simply a modified IF/THEN/GOTO command...??

                            No. "Loop" in your case is not a command but a label for a position in your
                            code where you can jump as a result of testing a condition.

                            In your case
                            ^!If ^$GetSelection$ = ^%NL% Loop
                            tests whether what you have selected is a line break.
                            If it is you will continue executing the clip from the position indicated
                            by :Loop.
                            If it is not you will continue with the next command in the clip (^!Find...)

                            Regards /Claes
                            Message 13 of 22 , Nov 3, 1999
                              Hi Sky-Surfer,

                              Just saw Claes' post come in on autocheck when I was getting
                              ready to reply - will send this anyway... Enjoy!-)

                              > Well, I think we finally have a winner!!!

                              Great!

                              > ^!Find "a-z0-9".* SBH

                              UhOh, is Claes ever gonna jump on you! ;->

                              > 1) Can either of you help explain the depth of the following
                              > search parameters?
                              >
                              > ^!Find "a-z0-9".* SBH
                              >
                              > I understand the SBH part.

                              So, you understand "B" in this case stands for "Broke." hahaha!

                              > But I am having difficulty figuring out the scope of the added
                              > "period" & "*".

                              Since I have a hard time still understanding regExp fully I'll save
                              that for those that do know it!-)

                              > 2) Is the Loop command simply a modified IF/THEN/GOTO
                              > command...??

                              No, "If" sets up a choice to do one of two things. Well, instead
                              of a discussion, try these out. Also see Eric's Demos in his
                              SampleCode.clb and Help on ^!If. There are two different
                              formats. I normally reserve numbers for ^!If and use ^!IfSame,
                              ^!IfDiff for words, but ^!If can be used for words.

                              <--- Copy below this line --->
                              H="Demo Variables 1"
                              ; 11/03/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
                              :LoopThis
                              ^!Set %TheVariable%=^?{Set "TheVariable" to the value of=}
                              ^!Info TheVariable was set to:^p^p"^%TheVariable%"
                              ^!Skip Change "TheVariable"?
                              ^!Goto Clip
                              ^!Goto LoopThis

                              :Clip
                              ^!Clip "If TheVariable"

                              H="_If TheVariable"
                              ; 11/03/1999, Continued from "Demo Variables 1"
                              :Yeppers!
                              ^!Set %If%=^?{Put in what you set TheVariable to=}
                              ^!If "^%TheVariable%" = "^%If%" Next Else Oops
                              ^!Info "TheVariable" equals "If" as seen below:^p^p"^%TheVariable%" = ^%If%
                              ^!Goto Again

                              :Oops
                              ^!Info "^%If%" was not what "TheVariable" was set to!^p^p"TheVariable" is equal to: "^%TheVariable%"

                              :Again
                              ^!Skip Try Again?
                              ^!Goto End
                              ^!Goto Yeppers!

                              H="Demo - 1"
                              ; 11/03/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
                              ^!Set %YourNumber%=^?[Enter a number. You are looking for the number one=_1|]
                              ^!If 1 = ^%YourNumber% DoThis else DoThat
                              ;...blah, blah, blah...
                              :DoThis
                              ^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill(" ";40)$ If Demo ^$StrFill(" ";40)$~
                              ^!Info [L]Variable %YourNumber% was set to 1.^pYou are at the "DoThis" label; 1 = ^%YourNumber%.^p
                              ^!Goto End

                              :DoThat
                              ^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill(" ";75)$ If Demo ^$StrFill(" ";75)$~
                              ^!Info [L]Variable %YourNumber% was set to ^%YourNumber%, but you were looking for 1.^pYou are at the "DoThat" label because %YourNumber% is not equal 1 to ^%YourNumber%.^p

                              H="Demo - IfSame"
                              ; 11/03/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
                              ^!Set %YourWord%=^?[Enter a word. You are looking for the number NoteTab=_NoteTab|]
                              ^!IfSame "NoteTab" "^%YourWord%" DoThis else DoThat
                              ;...blah, blah, blah...
                              :DoThis
                              ^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill(" ";40)$ IfSame Demo ^$StrFill(" ";40)$~
                              ^!Info [L]Variable %YourWord% was set to NoteTab.^pYou are at the "DoThis" label because:^p"NoteTab" is the same as "^%YourWord%."^p
                              ^!Goto End

                              :DoThat
                              ^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill(" ";40)$ IfSame Demo ^$StrFill(" ";40)$~
                              ^!Info [L]Variable %YourWord% was set to "^%YourWord%."^pYou were looking for NoteTab.^pYou are at the "DoThat" label because:^pNoteTab is _not_ the same as "^%YourWord%."^p

                              <--- Copy above this line, right --->
                              <--- click over the Clipbook and --->
                              <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

                              > Actually, NO mention of Loop except for how to get out of one!

                              H=Demo Loop
                              ; 11/03/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
                              ^!Set %loopvariable%=^?{How many times do you want to loop?=_3|}
                              ^!Set %Count%=0; %Orig%=^%loopvariable%

                              :AnyName
                              ^!Inc Count
                              ^!Info [L]%loopvariable% was set to ^%Orig%.^pLoop count is now ^%Count%.
                              ^!If ^%loopvariable% = ^%Count% End else AnyName

                              H=Demo - Find Loop
                              ; 11/03/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
                              ^!SetClipboard NoteTab Pro, NoteTab PRO, NoteTab Pro, NoteTab Std
                              ^!Toolbar Paste New
                              ^!Set %Found%=0

                              :Loop
                              ; "blank" was found first pass, search has not started
                              ^!SetWizardTitle ^$GetSelection$ was found.
                              ^!SetWizardLabel Search backwards for NoteTab Pro (case sensitive)
                              ^!Find "^?{Find=NoteTab Pro}" SB
                              ^!IfError Info
                              ^!IfCancel Cancel
                              ^!Inc %Found%
                              ^!Goto Loop

                              :Info
                              ^!Jump 1
                              ^!Info [L]NoteTab Pro was found ^%Found% times.

                              :Cancel
                              ^!Skip Delete test doc?
                              ^!Goto End
                              ^!Close Discard

                              Message 14 of 22 , Nov 3, 1999
                                Hi Sky-Surfer and Others,

                                This is long and taken from Help via Wayne's Cross Rerference. I
                                won't be posting it again so hold onto it, or better yet, get his
                                Cross Reference and Granny Kay's Intorduction to Clipbook
                                Progaming. The text below is all one line use Join Lines after
                                you make is a Clip and start from the ^!Info line. Do the
                                copy/right click thing and put it above the Demos I just sent.

                                H=Quick If Reference
                                ; Kay Roath has a very worthwhile:
                                ; Intorduction to Clipbook Progaming for $5.00.
                                ; http://able2find.com/notetabclips.shtml
                                ; ^!If statements stolen from Wayne's Cross Reference
                                ; http://landru.i-link-2.net/wayne/notetab.html

                                ^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill(" ";100)$ IfSame Demo ^$StrFill(" ";100)$~
                                ^!Info [L]Basically speaking, If comapares two things. If they are the same the NoteTab will go to where you tell it too. If they are different then it goes to the other place you tell it to.^P^P^!If 1 = 1 ThenGoThisLabel esle GoDifferentLabel^P...^P:ThenGoThisLabel^P:GoDifferentLabel^P^PSo, if you set a variable or use something like ^$GetSelection$ for one of the halves of the statement (I ususally put the fixed in the first half looking for the second) ^!If will compare them.^P^P^!If 1 = ^$GetSelection$ ThenGoThisLabel esle GoDifferentLabel^P^PIf the number 2 was selected then NoteTab would go to:^P^P:GoDifferentLabel^P^PIf^P^!If Integer1 <>= Integer2 GoToLabelTrue [ELSE GoToLabelFalse]^P^!If "String1" <>= "String2" GoToLabelTrue [ELSE GoToLabelFalse]^P^PIf the comparison result is true, then jumps to the specified GoToLabelTrue label. If the result is false and the optional ELSE keyword follows the first label name, execution jumps to the specified GoToLabelFalse label; or to the next instruction if the "ELSE" label is not used. If the two values represent numbers then they are compared as numbers, otherwise they are compared as strings. String comparison is case sensitive.^PYou can use the following comparison operators:^P < returns True if left value is smaller than right value^P > returns True if left value is greater than right value^P <> returns True if left value is different from right value^P <= returns True if left value is smaller or equal to right value^P >= returns True if left value is greater or equal to right value^P = returns True if left value is equal to right value^P^PExamples:^PThe following will cause the execution to jump to the label defined as IsTrue:^P^!IF "Apple" <> "Orange" IsTrue ELSE IsFalse^PThe following will cause the execution to jump to the label defined as LabelFalse:^P^!IF 16 < 7 LabelTrue ELSE LabelFalse^P^P^P See topic:^P [Clip Language - Testing Conditions]^P^P See also:^P [:Label]^P [Goto]^P [IfClipExist]^P [IfDiff]^P [IfError]^P [IfFalse]^P [IfFileExist]^P [IfInDateRange]^P [IfInRange]^P [IfPathExist]^P [IfSame]^P [IfTrue]^P [IsAutoIndent]^P [IsClipDoc]^P [IsEmpty]^P [IsFileType]^P [IsFullVersion]^P [IsHtmlDoc]^P [IsLightVersion]^P [IsModified]^P [IsNumber]^P [IsOpen]^P [IsOutlineDoc]^P [IsPasteBoard]^P [IsReadonly]^P [IsUrl]^P [IsWordWrap]^P [Skip]^P [While]^P^P^PIfSame^P^!IfSame "Value1" "Value2" GoToLabelTrue [ELSE GoToLabelFalse]^P^PCompares two string values. The comparison is not case sensitive.^P^PThe following will cause the execution to jump to the label defined as GoToLabelTrue:^P^P ^!IfSame "abc" "ABC" GoToLabelTrue^P^PIfDiff^P^!IfDiff "Value1" "Value2" GoToLabelTrue [ELSE GoToLabelFalse]^P^PCompares two string values. The comparison is not case sensitive.^P^PThe following will cause the execution to skip the next instruction (Skip is a predefined label):^P^P ^!IfDiff "abc" "xyz" Skip^P^PIfTrue^P^!IfTrue Value GoToLabelTrue [ELSE GoToLabelFalse]^P^PIf Value is equal to 1, TRUE, YES, Y, or ON (case insensitive), then jumps to specified label name. Do not use comparison operators with this command; in that case, you should use the ^!If command to do a comparison between two values.^P^PIfTrue^P^!IfTrue Value GoToLabelTrue [ELSE GoToLabelFalse]^P^PIf Value is equal to 1, TRUE, YES, Y, or ON (case insensitive), then jumps to specified label name. Do not use comparison operators with this command; in that case, you should use the ^!If command to do a comparison between two values.^p

                                c ya,
                                jody

                                I can only please one person a day.
                                Today is obviously not your day.
                                Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8?D

                                http://www.sureword.com/sojourner/
                              • Manuel
                                Message 15 of 22 , Nov 26, 1999
                                  How can I count time, by example:

                                  25-11-99 10:00
                                  25-11-99 10:30

                                  I need to know the time between two dates
                                  --
                                  Manuel, from Spain
                                  manumail@...
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Nov 27, 1999
                                    Hi Manuel;

                                    When Eric updatd his web site he included a clip I had sent to
                                    him that adds or subtracts days and times.
                                    The address is http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/calcdt2.zip
                                    or by page links
                                    www.notetab.com Libraries | other | Mathematics | calcdt2.zip

                                    You may be able to modify the clip for your specific purposes.

                                    I will expand this to caliculate date/time differences when time
                                    premits, however the clip will be significantly larger and more
                                    complex.

                                    Hope the clip helps, Len

                                    At 07:53 PM 11/26/99 +0100, you wrote:
                                    >How can I count time, by example:
                                    >
                                    >25-11-99 10:00
                                    >25-11-99 10:30
                                    >
                                    >I need to know the time between two dates
                                    >--
                                    >Manuel, from Spain
                                    >manumail@...

                                    Leonard O. Hargrove, Jr.
                                    Avionics Systems Engineer
                                    E-Mail: Len <NoteTabA@...>
                                  • Manuel
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Nov 27, 1999
                                      LEN
                                      >When Eric updatd his web site he included a clip I had sent to
                                      >him that adds or subtracts days and times.
                                      >The address is http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/calcdt2.zip

                                      MANUEL
                                      Hi, Len, thanks for the url.

                                      --