Explorer defaults

  • Bob Gorman
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 10:20 AM
      I know that 'clips' is not the right place for this question, but I
      don't know where else to turn.
      I switched from 4.95 to 5.61 some time ago. For some time when I
      double-clicked on a file in Windows Explorer (I'm on XP) it kept calling
      the old 4.95 version. After many attempts in now calls 5.61.
      BUT
      How to I tell Windows Explorer that .otl should also call NotePro?

      I've added it to Associations under Options. That didn't help.

      Bob

      --
      If at first, you don't succeed; Parachuting is probably not for you!
      http://www.KnCell.org

      Message 2 of 4 , May 31 11:01 AM
        Bob Gorman wrote:
        > How to I tell Windows Explorer that .otl should also call NotePro?
        > I've added it to Associations under Options. That didn't help.

        I never bother with those unintelligible interfaces. Open regedit
        and edit the registry directly. Other than that I have set up
        Windows such, that "open with another program" is always present on
        a right click. You can then set the option "always use this" and
        choose NoteTab.

        All the "official" ways are far too complicated for me, so I
        couldn't advise on any of them.

        N.B: Please use NT off topic for any followups to this.

        Axel
      • Ben B
        Message 3 of 4 , May 31 11:20 AM
          On 2008-05-31 10:20:23 Bob Gorman wrote regarding; "Explorer defaults"

          > I switched from 4.95 to 5.61 some time ago. For some time when I
          > double-clicked on a file in Windows Explorer (I'm on XP) it kept calling
          > the old 4.95 version. After many attempts in now calls 5.61.
          > BUT
          > How to I tell Windows Explorer that .otl should also call NotePro?

          Easiest way is to right-click on an .otl file and select "Open with...",
          click the "Browse..." button and navigate to the NotePro.exe for the
          version you want to associate, select it and click "Open".

          Be sure to tick the box labeled "Always use the selected program to open
          this kind of file" before clicking "OK"

          HTH
          Ben
        • Bob Gorman
          Message 4 of 4 , May 31 1:31 PM
            Thank you Axel & Ben B:

            *.otl has been tamed.
            It's now like a calm submissive puppy. :-D

            Bob

            --
            Knowledge is NOT enough!
            Knowledge + Confidence enables Action.