Re: [Clip] remove only URLs/Links from a page?

    Message 1 of 38 , May 30 7:49 AM
      "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
      > Mail links start with a href last I checked as do bookmarks.

      You're right about mail, my mistake. But bookmarks are different,
      they are e.g. "<A NAME="top"></A>". You are right too in so far as
      it makes little sense to retain bookmarks and delete internal links.
      But deleting the closing tags and leaving the opening ones is a real
      danger here.
      I'm generally weary of too general solutions and try to make them as
      specific as possible. You never know what might happen.

      Axel
    • buralex@gmail.com
      Message 38 of 38 , Jun 2, 2008
        Axel Berger <Axel-Berger@...> said on May 30, 2008 11:56 -0400
        (in part):
        > "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
        >
        >> > I think we can fix that as well.
        >>

        > ^!Replace "(?s)<a[^>]*>(.*?)</a>" >> "$1" WHRAS
        >
        > By the way: Sheri, you promised me, that once told I'd never forget
        > the ?s sequence. No such luck, have to look it up every time -- wish
        > I had your memory. But at least I do remember that it exists and
        > what to look for.
        Interesting coincidence - just today I had a list of URLs I wanted to
        convert into valid HTML links. As coded (if I've done it correctly) it
        will not do anything to URLs which are already HTML links:

        H=urls2links
        ; before neg-lookbehind not: " or >
        ; after pos-lookahead \s= a space, tab or other linefeed
        ^!replace "(?<![">])(http://.*?)(?=\s)" >> "<a href="$1">$1</a>" rwsai

        Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail