using the clip editor for a very special activity

  • forkinpm
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2008
      Hallo!
      I'm new to this product and function, but have an interest in adding
      clips to allow accessing a grammar tool to correct the grammar. If
      that is possible then I would like to have a clip to help me look for
      errors in my English style.
      Are these possible?
      Has anyone done any work on such clips?
      I'd be interested in having contact to those who have.
      Adding clips to look up words in a thesaurus would also interest me.
      Finally has anyone done any work on making single sentence statistics
      just as a start of this topic set. I want to cut my sentence length
      to a maximum of 15 words. Any good ideas?
      Hope to hear from some of you bright and experienced users.
      Kind regards, forkinpm
    • Gerard Huijing
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30, 2008
        forkinpm wrote:

        > Adding clips to look up words in a thesaurus would also interest me.

        You do not need Clips for a thesaurus.

        WordWeb (http://wordweb.info/free/) can be fully integrated into
        NoteTab. WordWeb is a freeware dictionary/lexicon/thesaurus for private
        use and educational institutions.
        The paid version gives much more functionality, already with the basic
        Pro license. You can choose to add a whole lot more, depending on how
        much extra you are prepared to pay.

        After you have installed WordWeb, you can use it via the keyboard
        shortcut <f12> in NoteTab.

        Cheers,
        Gerard

        --
        Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
        2312 ZD Leiden
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2008
          Hi, forkinpm,

          good questions. Since you're new to NoteTab I would pick your easiest
          function and focus on it. Try a solution; when you run into trouble
          then post what you've tried and ask for insights.

          If I were you I'd focus on the Thesaurus project first. Take a look at
          the 'AutoCorrect' clip library.

          Have you installed the NoteTab Thesaurus? It works pretty well for me.

          Happy NoteTabbing, Jim