[Clip] Re: Link to specific line

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 1999
      3/31/1999 3:02 AM Claes Gauffin wrote
      > In the following clip I want to create a number of links
      > to a target document. The syntax for those links is, according
      > to Help:

      > [docname::nnn^L] where nnn is the desired line number.

      > The problem is that when I insert these links into a hit list,
      > the "^L" for some reason is resolved into a CR/LF.

      > Is there any way to enter the line number indicator into my list of
      > links?

      Save '[^##::^$GetRow$' to %data5% and make %Save% into an
      array with one element for each link. Insert each %Save%
      element followed by
      ^!InsertText ^
      ^InsertText L]^%NL%^%NL%

      Alternately, you could use ***caret*** instead of ^ & then
      replace all ***caret*** with ^%caret% at the end of your
      clip.

      Actually, ^L is only the linefeed part of CR/LF. ^C is the
      carriage return. ^p is short for both of those.

      --- Grandma Kay ---
      http://notetab.kay.net

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips