Clipboard question

  • abetsent
    Message 1 of 8 , May 7, 2008
      Hi friends,

      Let's say that I have in an already opened window, other program (1),
      but not opened by ntp, but instead manually opened by myself.

      And in a second window, a clip in ntp.

      Now, I have a field to be filled in the first program(1), and some
      text in the clipboard using:

      ^!SetClipboard ^%text%

      Now, manually I put the cursor in the program (1) field.

      After the SetClipboard code as above, I tried to use several ways to
      transfer the clipboard content to the opened field, using Paste,
      PasteBack, etc., without success.

      I need a code to include after the above SetClipboard code, that will
      transfer the text to the field in (1).

      I used this approach several times in other applications, but always I
      first open the program (1, opened by ntp), go to the field (using ntp
      TAB), etc., but I do not figure how to transfer to a field in a
      program(1) NOT already opened by ntp.

      My need are:

      ^!SetClipboard ^%text%
      (What code to include here, to AUTOMATICALLY transfer the ^%text% to
      the program(1) field. My main objective is to transfer AUTOMATICALLY,
      not MANUALLY, as soon I put the cursor in the field of the program(1).

      Naturally, if I use Ctrl+V this work, but I need an automatic way
      without the Ctrl+V, like that (IF POSSIBLE...):

      Run a ntp clip and automatically (not manually with the Ctrl+V) the
      field will be filled with the Clipboard content, immediately after I
      put the cursor in the program(1) field.

      Sorry for my bostonian accent.

      Carlos
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 8 , May 7, 2008
        Hi
        Have you tried ^$getclipboard$ it may work.
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        > Let's say that I have in an already opened window, other program (1),
        > but not opened by ntp, but instead manually opened by myself.
        >
        > And in a second window, a clip in ntp.
        >
        > Now, I have a field to be filled in the first program(1), and some
        > text in the clipboard using:
        >
        > ^!SetClipboard ^%text%
        >
        > Now, manually I put the cursor in the program (1) field.
        >
        > After the SetClipboard code as above, I tried to use several ways to
        > transfer the clipboard content to the opened field, using Paste,
        > PasteBack, etc., without success.
        >
        > I need a code to include after the above SetClipboard code, that will
        > transfer the text to the field in (1).
        >
        > I used this approach several times in other applications, but always I
        > first open the program (1, opened by ntp), go to the field (using ntp
        > TAB), etc., but I do not figure how to transfer to a field in a
        > program(1) NOT already opened by ntp.
        >
        > My need are:
        >
        > ^!SetClipboard ^%text%
        > (What code to include here, to AUTOMATICALLY transfer the ^%text% to
        > the program(1) field. My main objective is to transfer AUTOMATICALLY,
        > not MANUALLY, as soon I put the cursor in the field of the program(1).
        >
        > Naturally, if I use Ctrl+V this work, but I need an automatic way
        > without the Ctrl+V, like that (IF POSSIBLE...):
        >
        > Run a ntp clip and automatically (not manually with the Ctrl+V) the
        > field will be filled with the Clipboard content, immediately after I
        > put the cursor in the program(1) field.
        >
        > Sorry for my bostonian accent.
        >
        > Carlos

      • ebbtidalflats
        Message 3 of 8 , May 7, 2008
          I'm not entirely clear what you want to do.

          But here are some facts to consider:

          1. In general, automating anything that involves an external
          application is extremely difficult. NoteTab can handle a whole lot of
          different cutting and pasting between applications, but they are all
          relying on user interaction. For example, a web form may have 4
          fields, and you can tab from one to the next. But how does a clip know
          the sequence of these tabs? Right to left? Top to bottom, left to
          right? Random order?

          2. Part of communication with a second application in NoteTab involves
          changing focus -- under NoteTab control! See NoteTab "Clip Code Help"
          --> Executing Programs, and particularily "^!ActivateApp" and "^!FocusApp"

          3. The paste commands (Help-->Clipboard Copy/past) rely to some degree
          on CAPTURING somethingn from another application, before they know
          WHERE to paste.

          More specifically:

          1. If you want someone to write a clip for you (or find an existing
          one) you're going to have to be more specific about your needs.

          2. If it works with CTRL+V, but you don't want to use it, HOW is
          NoteTab going to KNOW, that the cursor is in place to paste?!

          Cheers,

          Eb

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "abetsent" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

          > Hi friends,
          >
          > Let's say that I have in an already opened window, other program (1),
          > but not opened by ntp, but instead manually opened by myself.
          >
          > And in a second window, a clip in ntp.
          >
          > Now, I have a field to be filled in the first program(1), and some
          > text in the clipboard using:
          >
          > ^!SetClipboard ^%text%
          >
          > Now, manually I put the cursor in the program (1) field.
          >
          > After the SetClipboard code as above, I tried to use several ways to
          > transfer the clipboard content to the opened field, using Paste,
          > PasteBack, etc., without success.
          >
          > I need a code to include after the above SetClipboard code, that will
          > transfer the text to the field in (1).
          >
          > I used this approach several times in other applications, but always I
          > first open the program (1, opened by ntp), go to the field (using ntp
          > TAB), etc., but I do not figure how to transfer to a field in a
          > program(1) NOT already opened by ntp.
          >
          > My need are:
          >
          > ^!SetClipboard ^%text%
          > (What code to include here, to AUTOMATICALLY transfer the ^%text% to
          > the program(1) field. My main objective is to transfer AUTOMATICALLY,
          > not MANUALLY, as soon I put the cursor in the field of the program(1).
          >
          > Naturally, if I use Ctrl+V this work, but I need an automatic way
          > without the Ctrl+V, like that (IF POSSIBLE...):
          >
          > Run a ntp clip and automatically (not manually with the Ctrl+V) the
          > field will be filled with the Clipboard content, immediately after I
          > put the cursor in the program(1) field.
          >
          > Sorry for my bostonian accent.
          >
          > Carlos

        • abetsent
          Message 4 of 8 , May 7, 2008
            Hi Ed,

            Thanks.

            I use a lot Clipboards, TABS to go to the external application fields
            (application already opened by ntp), Ctrl+v, etc.

            However, this case are new for me:

            1. The application are not opened by ntp

            2. The text in the Clipboard must go to an application field

            3. If I put the cursor in the application field, naturally after I
            must press ctrl+V

            4. This, naturally, work, no problem.

            The problem is that exist a lot of 100 fields and they 100
            corresponding texts, and I need to use the Ctrl+V to put each text in
            each field.

            Exist any way to, if I put the cursor in a field, automatically the
            current text in the Clipboard (the text that are in the Clipboard at
            that moment) will be included to that field, without I need to use
            (manually) the Ctrl+V?

            In other words, I need to put the cursor in a field and automatically
            the text in the Clipboard at that moment will go to that field?

            Best regards, Carlos.

            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...>
            wrote:

> [...]
            > > transfer the text to the field in (1).
            > >
            > > I used this approach several times in other applications, but always I
            > > first open the program (1, opened by ntp), go to the field (using ntp
            > > TAB), etc., but I do not figure how to transfer to a field in a
            > > program(1) NOT already opened by ntp.
            > >
            > > My need are:
            > >
            > > ^!SetClipboard ^%text%
            > > (What code to include here, to AUTOMATICALLY transfer the ^%text% to
            > > the program(1) field. My main objective is to transfer AUTOMATICALLY,
            > > not MANUALLY, as soon I put the cursor in the field of the program(1).
            > >
            > > Naturally, if I use Ctrl+V this work, but I need an automatic way
            > > without the Ctrl+V, like that (IF POSSIBLE...):
            > >
            > > Run a ntp clip and automatically (not manually with the Ctrl+V) the
            > > field will be filled with the Clipboard content, immediately after I

          • ebbtidalflats
            Message 5 of 8 , May 8, 2008
              The name is e_B_. It's amazing how manu people think i misspell my own
              name <g>.

              You are still being ambiguous about what you want.

              I have already answered your question, as far as that is possible with
              what little information you provided.

              Read the HELP about the commands I mentioned in my previous post.

              What I left unsaid is "TIMING" between getting information from
              NoteTab into the clipboard, switching applications, and pasting into
              the external application, and switching back to NoteTab.

              Technically, NoteTab can do this. Practically, you havn't provided
              enough information for any specific recommendations.

            • abetsent
              Message 6 of 8 , May 8, 2008
                Hy Eb, sorry for your name.

                This wirk, but there exist a better way to substitute the delay?

                ^!SetClipboard=AnyText
                ^!StatusShow PUT THE CURSOR IN THE APPLICATION!
                ^!Delay 100
                ^!MinimizeApp
                ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V

                Thanks and best regards,
                Carlos

                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "abetsent" <backup2abet@...> wrote:

                > Hi friends,
                >
                > Let's say that I have in an already opened window, other program (1),
                > but not opened by ntp, but instead manually opened by myself.
                >
                > And in a second window, a clip in ntp.
                >
                > Now, I have a field to be filled in the first program(1), and some
                > text in the clipboard using:
                >
                > ^!SetClipboard ^%text%
                >
                > Now, manually I put the cursor in the program (1) field.
                >
                > After the SetClipboard code as above, I tried to use several ways to
                > transfer the clipboard content to the opened field, using Paste,
                > PasteBack, etc., without success.
                >
                > I need a code to include after the above SetClipboard code, that will
                > transfer the text to the field in (1).
                >
                > I used this approach several times in other applications, but always I
                > first open the program (1, opened by ntp), go to the field (using ntp
                > TAB), etc., but I do not figure how to transfer to a field in a
                > program(1) NOT already opened by ntp.
                >
                > My need are:
                >
                > ^!SetClipboard ^%text%
                > (What code to include here, to AUTOMATICALLY transfer the ^%text% to
                > the program(1) field. My main objective is to transfer AUTOMATICALLY,
                > not MANUALLY, as soon I put the cursor in the field of the program(1).
                >
                > Naturally, if I use Ctrl+V this work, but I need an automatic way
                > without the Ctrl+V, like that (IF POSSIBLE...):
                >
                > Run a ntp clip and automatically (not manually with the Ctrl+V) the
                > field will be filled with the Clipboard content, immediately after I
                > put the cursor in the program(1) field.
                >
                > Sorry for my bostonian accent.
                >
                > Carlos

              • hsavage
                Message 7 of 8 , May 8, 2008
                  abetsent wrote:
                  > Hy Eb, sorry for your name.
                  >
                  > This wirk, but there exist a better way to substitute the delay?
                  >
                  > ^!SetClipboard=AnyText
                  > ^!StatusShow PUT THE CURSOR IN THE APPLICATION!
                  > ^!Delay 100
                  > ^!MinimizeApp
                  > ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V
                  >
                  > Thanks and best regards,
                  > Carlos

                  Carlos,

                  The above may work, but, there's a chance you may run into some
                  difficulty, explanation below, using '^!MiniMizeApp' in this fashion
                  with ^!KeyBoard.

                  ----------
                  ^!MinimizeApp

                  Minimizes the NoteTab application Window. This can often make clips run
                  faster. But note that some commands, (such as ^!Keyboard), do not work
                  properly when the editor window is minimized.
                  ----------

                  ^!SetClipboard=AnyText
                  ^!StatusShow PUT THE CURSOR IN THE APPLICATION!
                  ; to automate focusing the destination app use next line
                  ^!FocusApp AppTitle
                  ^!Delay 100
                  ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V
                  ; if you must close NoteTab's window include next Line
                  ^!MinimizeApp

                  ----------
                  ^!FocusApp AppTitle (added in v4.52)

                  Activates the application window with a title caption that matches the
                  specified text. The error flag is set if no matching window is found.
                  For example, if the Windows calculator utility is open, the following
                  command will bring it to the front:

                  ^!FocusApp Calculator

                  Most applications usually show other information in the title bar. For
                  these cases, you can use an asterisk "*" either at the beginning or the
                  end of the AppTitle text to specify that the text should match the end
                  or the beginning of the title respectively. For example, MS Wordpad
                  displays the document name in front of the program name, so the
                  following instruction will work if Wordpad is open:

                  ^!FocusApp *WordPad
                  ----------

                  These are excerpts from NoteTab Help.

                  ºvº SL_129 created_2008.05.08_07.52.15

                  Newspaper HeadLine...
                  • Deaf College Opens Doors to Hearing
                  € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
                • ebbtidalflats
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 9, 2008
                    Carlos,

                    I'm going out on a limb here, guessing about what you want.

                    There is a SECRET WEAPON in NoteTab, called OnClipBoardChange.

                    If you think outside the box, you can do extensive external pasting.

                    In a nutshell:

                    1. create an OnClipboardChange clip that captures the clipboard, and
                    IMMEDIATELY disables clipboard capture.

                    Something like

                    ^!IfFalse ^%clipboardcaptureenabled% END
                    ^!If "^%clipname%"="^%EMPTY%" END
                    ^!Set %clipboardcaptureenabled%=FALSE
                    ^!Clip ^%clipname% RENTRY

                    If you design this clip carefully, you will be able to use it with
                    multiple DIFFERENT comapnion clips, for different purposes.

                    2. Create TWO companion clips:
                    a. a standard STOP clip, to turn capture OFF
                    b. a NON-standard start clip, which uses
                    two different logic paths
                    1) initializing = turns capture ON,
                    names the clipname var above,
                    and primes the clipboard
                    to trigger the clipboard event
                    2) normal run path, where you use
                    ENABLE / DISABLE variable to
                    control clipboard events,
                    and whether any content you place
                    INTO the clipboard TRIGGERS the
                    clipboard event or not.

                    and of course you controll the cursor through TABs sent by
                    Keyboard, and pastes with the commands available for pasting/typing.

                    Just keep in mind that you can PRIME the clipboard with anything, when
                    capture is turned off, andit will NOT trigger the OnClipboardChange
                    clip, and you can FEED the clipboard in one clip, while capture IS
                    enabled, to immediately TRIGGER clipboard capture.

                    Place appropriate code in the OnClipboardchange clip and its companion
                    to advance the cursor, paste when needed, advance the cursor, paste
                    again, etc.