Filling in a form list entry using a master list

  • Mike Breiding
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2008
      Howdy,

      Here is what I am trying to do.

      Build a check box form of a list of birds (or anything else).
      When the boxes are checked and the form submitted it will generate a
      page with the list selections and store those selections in a database.
      This does two handy things for birders and other list keepers.
      It allows a text file to be generated without manually entering the list
      via keyboard and it stores the list in database which can
      theoretically be used for all kinds of purposes such as research,
      archiving life lists, sharing list info, etc.

      Here is a sample page:
      http://epicroadtrips.us/birdlist/form1.html

      The goal is to have a checklist for each state.
      Each state would have a separate master list.
      California has over 600 species.

      The idea would be to create a template form with 700+ entries. Each
      entry would use a place holder for the variable.
      Then the variable would be filled in using a specified list of species
      entries.

      If it is possible then the template could be used for any list, not just
      birds. In my area of interest it could also be used for trees, shrubs,
      ferns, etc.
      Very handy.

      Is this clippable?
      Sample of abbreviated code:
      <li class="mainForm" id="fieldBox_VARIABLE"><label
      class="formFieldQuestion"> </label><span><input class=mainForm
      type=checkbox name=field_VARIABLE[]

      The VARIABLE would be filled in useing a master list.

      If this is above and beyond a feebie or favor, I am willing to offer
      compensation.

      As always, thanks.
      -Mike