Problems with NoteTab Light (5.61) and Clips?

  • Tejas
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 17, 2008
      Hello Folks,

      I have been successfully using clips in a very very basic way for
      quite some time now. I type up a keyword, select it, and CTRL-C it
      and it gets replace with a new text.

      After the upgrade to 5.61, I am not consistently able to do this. Its
      very moody, and sometimes it just won't work. How can I troubleshoot
      this? Are there known issues with this or am I running into some
      conflicts with windows clipboard? any tips/suggestions?? Please advise.

      Using Windows XP SP2 on IBM/Lenova X61s.

      best regards,
      Tejas
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 17, 2008
        Hi there
        I would half thought you would select text and CTRL+V to paste to replace
        ,what version were you using before and did you replace your old version
        completely ?
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        > I have been successfully using clips in a very very basic way for
        > quite some time now. I type up a keyword, select it, and CTRL-C it
        > and it gets replace with a new text.
        >
        > After the upgrade to 5.61, I am not consistently able to do this. Its
        > very moody, and sometimes it just won't work. How can I troubleshoot
        > this? Are there known issues with this or am I running into some
        > conflicts with windows clipboard? any tips/suggestions?? Please advise.
        >
        > Using Windows XP SP2 on IBM/Lenova X61s.
        >
        > best regards,
        > Tejas

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 17, 2008
          Hi Tejas,

          sounds like you've been running the 'pasteclips' clip in the past. Try
          running it manually and see if your desired operations return.

          Also; check your temp directory. Sometimes NoteTab usess temp files...

          Happy NoteTabbing, Jim
        • Tejas
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 18, 2008
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

            > Hi there
            > I would half thought you would select text and CTRL+V to paste to
            replace
            > ,what version were you using before and did you replace your old
            version
            > completely ?

            Dave, before what I did was as follows :

            Say when I wanted my signature to be replaced with my real signature..
            i would simply type up "sig" --> Select "sig" --> Press CTRL-C --> The
            text would be automatically copied to the buffer, where NTab is
            watching the clipboard. Since I have a pastclip for "sig" keyword, it
            will replace my "sig" with the content of pasteclip called "sig". I
            am hoping this is the same behavior in 5.61 since it is working at
            times. Please advise.

            cheers,
            Tejas

            > THANKYOU DAVE M

          • Tejas
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 18, 2008
              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jgurney1@...> wrote:

              > Hi Tejas,
              >
              > sounds like you've been running the 'pasteclips' clip in the past. Try
              > running it manually and see if your desired operations return.
              >
              > Also; check your temp directory. Sometimes NoteTab usess temp files...
              >
              > Happy NoteTabbing, Jim

              thanks Jim for your quick response.

              When I type in the pasteclip keyword "sig" for eg in the notetab page,
              it does replace with the content automatically. So I think that part
              is working fine.

              Were you referring to any other method for manual checking ? Please
              advise.

              best regards,
              Tejas
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 19, 2008
                Hi there
                Version 5 now supports multiple users in Windows 2000, XP, etc.
                By default all the user specific files are stored in C:\Documents and
                Settings\xxxxxx\Application Data\NoteTab Pro, for example.
                I think even with lite version it is using your profile on XP to store your
                settings do you still have access to all your libraries ? ,so possibly the
                paste clips may be looking in the wrong place.
                THANKYOU DAVE M

                >> I would half thought you would select text and CTRL+V to paste to
                > replace
                >> ,what version were you using before and did you replace your old
                > version
                >> completely ?
                >
                > Dave, before what I did was as follows :
                >
                > Say when I wanted my signature to be replaced with my real signature..
                > i would simply type up "sig" --> Select "sig" --> Press CTRL-C --> The
                > text would be automatically copied to the buffer, where NTab is
                > watching the clipboard. Since I have a pastclip for "sig" keyword, it
                > will replace my "sig" with the content of pasteclip called "sig". I
                > am hoping this is the same behavior in 5.61 since it is working at
                > times. Please advise.
                >
                > cheers,
                > Tejas
                >
                >> THANKYOU DAVE M

              • Jim
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 19, 2008
                  Hi Tejas,

                  thanks for replying to my reply.

                  Look at the bottom of the Notetab program window; you'll see a number
                  of tabs across the bottom. Which tab is selected? This is the 'clip
                  library'. It's a file on your computer, it has a .clb extension.

                  Now, press your F4 key; this will open a sidebar showing the selected
                  clip library at the top of the sidebar box; below this is a list of
                  the clips contained in the library.

                  What is the name of the 'clip library' currently selected.

                  In my earlier message I suggested you might be running the
                  'PasteClips' library; if you click on this tab and doubleclick the
                  'about this library' in the sidebar window to see how it operates.

                  Your description sounds like you're running 'PasteClips', though this
                  library does NOT contain a 'sig' clip.

                  Happy NoteTabbing, Jim

                  --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Tejas" <tshah@...> wrote:

                  > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jgurney1@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Tejas,
                  > >
                  > > sounds like you've been running the 'pasteclips' clip in the past. Try
                  > > running it manually and see if your desired operations return.
                  > >
                  > > Also; check your temp directory. Sometimes NoteTab usess temp files...
                  > >
                  > > Happy NoteTabbing, Jim
                  >
                  > thanks Jim for your quick response.
                  >
                  > When I type in the pasteclip keyword "sig" for eg in the notetab page,
                  > it does replace with the content automatically. So I think that part
                  > is working fine.
                  >
                  > Were you referring to any other method for manual checking ? Please
                  > advise.
                  >
                  > best regards,
                  > Tejas

                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 19, 2008
                    Hi
                    I missed this the first time I assume you can find your signature and copy
                    ctrl+c and then paste it ctrl+v into your mail normally ?.
                    THANKYOU DAVE M