[Clip] Re: Format Directory (.?lb)

  • Charles M. Raine
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 1999
      At 03:23 AM 10/29/1999 -0500, Jody wrote:
      Hi Clippers,

      This is a Clip that will format all your Clipbook Libraries
      leaving a blank line at the end of every Clip.  I've tested it a
      number of times and tested my Clips afterwards.  I highly suggest
      that you make backups before running it and do not delete the
      backups till you are sure nothing got corrupted.

      NOTE:
      I hope everyone has hung on to their backups, particularly for The Clipbook Librarian. I wish Jody had contacted me before issuing this clip. I DON'T see the need for 2 blank lines between clips and this COULD cause problems with The Librarian, as far as using the Update Process.

      Oh, it's The Librarian compliant, or Lib if you renamed it
      the same as me. <g>

      I'm not 100% sure it is!!! I will have to check further....

               Charlie.

      Charles M. Raine                Home Page: http://www.escape.ca/~rainec
      Phone (204) 895-0940         ICQ # 300058
      Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 1999
        Hi Charles and Clippers,

        >> I highly suggest that you make backups before running it and
        >> do not delete the backups till you are sure nothing got
        >> corrupted.
        >
        > I DON'T see the need for 2 blank lines between clips and this
        > COULD cause problems with The Librarian, as far as using the
        > Update Process.

        The need for two blank lines is for Windows/Dos standard format,
        uniformity, and personal preference. I like to have all my files
        end with a blank line at the bottom. It makes it easier to read
        when down at the bottom. A double blank line between Clips adds
        that ending ghost line. I do not like to have some files with no
        banks, some with one, and others with more than one. It makes
        for sloppy files and harder to edit in scripts.

        Like I said, I tested and did not see any problems. I also looked
        at your code which has become familiar to me and did not see a
        problem which it could cause. All my tests worked fine.

        If anybody messed up their Clips and did not make backups, sorry
        about that - it's a good teacher though if it did happen. I
        would have no hard feelings about it at all though. I do not
        baby-sit people and grant them full control over their own
        computer. Had I not given a specific warning, then yes, I would
        feel really bad about it if something were to happen. Even then,
        one should always have current backups of anything that is so
        important to them they do not want to loose it.

        I highly recommend to everybody to make backups of anybody's
        Libraries/Clips and edit till their little heart is content. For
        me, it is the best way to learn NoteTab's scripting. You can
        then make Clips from others do what *you* want them to do. That
        is what is so great about NoteTab - a sure slap in the face of
        Microsoft who would rather you stay a computer dummie. You might
        just come up with some better ideas as well and post the
        Library/Clip on your site or at the Clipbook Repository.

        *If* the Librarian was to get corrupted (and it might have, but I
        can't tell) all you would need to do is restore your backup
        Libraries. It is not that big of a deal. You could also reverse
        the procedure if you wanted to add one blank line after a Clip,
        but you would need to add three after two of them, the
        description Clips.

        >> Oh, it's The Librarian compliant, or Lib if you renamed it the
        >> same as me. <g>
        >
        > I'm not 100% sure it is!!! I will have to check further....

        Let us know. ;)

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab Clip List...
        mailto:Ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 1999
          Hi Clippers,

          > This is a Clip that will format all your Clipbook Libraries
          > leaving a blank line at the end of every Clip. I've tested it
          > a number of times and tested my Clips afterwards. I highly
          > suggest that you make backups before running it and do not
          > delete the backups till you are sure nothing got corrupted.

          I did find a problem with this Clip. The Clip does what it is
          suppose to, but is does cause some unwanted effects on certain
          types of Libraries like HTML and AutoCorrect. There are times
          when you do not want NoteTab to add a hard return after text is
          pasted and in those cases in Libraries that the Clip was run on
          they will now add the blank line.

          To get to where I wanted to be I put NoteTab's AutoCorrect and
          HTML Libraries back in from backup, but my NotePage (HTML) I
          manually clicked through the Clips that I would not want a space
          like with some HTML tags.

          c ya,
          Jody

          The whole world doth err save you
          and me and even thou doest err some!

          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
          http://www.sureword.com/mm
        • Manuel
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 20, 1999
            I would like to have a clip that do:

            1. Open the File List of c:\examples

            Similar to press F6 and write in the combo box
            the path of the directory that I can see and press enter to can view
            the list of files of this directory
            --
            Manuel, from Spain
            manumail@...
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 20, 1999
              Hi Manuel,

              > 1. Open the File List of c:\examples

              Watch the long lines. If you get my DirStuff Library it has a
              whole mess of stuff like this. I just had to strip the dropdown
              list from this one because you have to run Setup in my Library
              for it to work. I also added the info box option instead of
              only making a new doc.

              http://www.sureword.com/notetab/html/library.html
              http://www.sureword.com/notetab/zip/dirstuff.zip

              <--- Copy below this line --->
              H=AllFileNames (Drive)
              ; 11/20/1999, Sojourner@..., jody
              ; Requires NoteTab version 4.6a
              ; http://www.sureword.com/notetab

              ^!Continue Gets the path and file names of a drive including subfolders and inserts into a new document that is made for you. Continue?

              ^!Set %Folder%=^?{(T=D)Browse: full path, end in backslash=^$GetValue(DirStuff:Browse)$}; %Type%=^?{(H=10)File &Types, wildcards OK: *.txt or *.*htm*;*.txt=_All Files^=*.*|Html Only^=*.*htm*|Text Only^=*.txt|Html & Text^=*.*htm*;*.txt|Outline^=*.otl|Clipbook Library^=*.clb|Ini^=*.ini}; %Display%=^?{==Display in new document^=|_Display in info box^=1}

              ^!SetHintInfo Working...
              ^!SetScreenUpdate Off

              ^!Set %OutPut%=^$GetDosOutput(Dir /s/b "^%Folder%^%Type%")$
              ^!IfTrue ^$IsEmpty("^%OutPut%")$ Error
              ^!IfTrue ^%Display% Info
              ^!Toolbar New Document
              ^%OutPut%
              ^!Goto End

              :Info
              ^!SetWizardTitle ~^$StrFill(" ";66)$^%Folder%^%Type%^$StrFill(" ";66)$~
              ^!Info [L]^%OutPut%
              ^!Goto End

              :Error
              ^!StatusShow It appears the ^%Folder%^%Type% was not in the folder you searched.
              ^!Delay 30
              ^!StatusClose

              <--- Copy above this line, right --->
              <--- click over the Clipbook and --->
              <--- choose "Add from Clipboard" --->

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 3, 1999
                Hi¡

                Another question?

                I'm thinking about append a name to several files.
                But I would like generate the name, similar to code with letters, but
                no numbers.

                How can I made a list of posibles combinations of letters abc?.

                I woul like in a txt file the results. Example:

                aaa
                aab
                aac
                aad
                etc.

                The idea is to put a code at the end of the file.
                Jody -abc.txt
                Eric -abd.txt

                Then I could create a link to [*-abc]
                --