Clip Execution problem

  • dracorat
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 20, 2008
      I had to set up a new computer. But now, when I double click any of my
      clips, they paste their contents in to the document instead of
      executing the commands in the clip.

      Is something set up wrong?

      Thanks.

      --Keith
    • dracorat
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 20, 2008
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "dracorat" <dracorat@...> wrote:

        > I had to set up a new computer. But now, when I double click any of my
        > clips, they paste their contents in to the document instead of
        > executing the commands in the clip.
        >
        > Is something set up wrong?
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > --Keith

        Just as fast as I sent that (I've been on this for more than an hour
        so far) I flipped back and realized when I pasted the contents out and
        then back in, I ended up with a leading space on every line.

        I removed the space and it's working now.

        Woot.

        --Keith
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 20, 2008
          dracorat wrote:
          > when I pasted the contents out and
          > then back in, I ended up with a leading space on every line.

          Why did you do that? You can just copy the something.CLB file or even
          the complete NoteTab directory over and everything will work just as
          before.

          Axel
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 21, 2008
            Hi
            did you do a new installation of notetab or copy the folder to the other
            machine ??
            THANKYOU DAVE M

            >I had to set up a new computer. But now, when I double click any of my
            > clips, they paste their contents in to the document instead of
            > executing the commands in the clip.
            >
            > Is something set up wrong?
            >
            > Thanks.
            >
            > --Keith

          • dracorat
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 21, 2008
              To answer both questions in one fell swoop - I had IMd some of my
              scripts from home to work. It's the only reason I had those scripts on
              hand. I can't send files through IM due to the firewall so I just IMd
              them back. The reason I needed a new computer was that the old one got
              corrupted and some folders were unreadable including where my clb
              files were.

              It was a new installation (to a computer that replaced my old computer).

              --Keith

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 21, 2008
                dracorat wrote:
                > I can't send files through IM due to the firewall so I just IMd
                > them back.

                Now I see, poor you. I suppose an employer with that attitude has only
                finger food and mash in the canteen, no knives, and there's no soap in
                the washrooms, because someone silly enough might use it to make the
                floor slippery.

                Axel
              • dracorat
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 21, 2008