[Clip] Re: sizing a "Wizard" box

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 7, 2008
      Axel,

      I agree with the part about marketing hype. But six question marks as
      a prompt is a bit TOO terse for me 8=D (even when you consider the
      memory-challenged computer you did that on). After all, you had a 40
      character wide screen, you could have used 40 question marks!

      As to wizards, NoteTab has so much power, as do today's computers,
      that these constraints (lack of control over pop-up windows) become
      VERY IRRITATING annoyances.

      Even the old DOS batch language from 20 years ago provided better
      space management than these wizards do. And continues to do so.

      Eb
    • normfsime
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 21, 2008
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Eb wrote:
        > > >The WizardLABEL _will_ display up to two lines of text
        > >
        > > Are you sure? :-P
        > >
        > > ;long line
        > > ^!SetWizardLabel First line of text^%nl% second line of
        > > text^%nl%^%nl%^%nl^%nl%And then some...
        > > ;end long line
        > > ^?{Input=}
        > >
        > > Lotta
        > >

        > Yes, I tested it just before my post, and it worked.
        >
        > On Windows 2000 the wizard prompt may overlap the the 2nd line of
        the
        > wizard label.
        >
        > On Windows XP I did not experience that.
        >
        > Don't know about Vista.
        >

        > If you have a problem duplicating this, I'd like to know.
        > Which Operating system, which NoteTab version, and screen
        resolution.
        > I suspect, that screen resolution versus font size may affect this.
        >

        > Cheers
        >

        > Eb

        It worked fine for me on 5.5 and XP ==> 2 lines only!

        P.S. Do we have a bug list for NoteTab? I discovered a minor bug
        which may be already noted. When you try to select past the end of
        the document, NTB just stops without warning. This is inconsistent
        with the action of all other commands at Documents end; e.g.
        "MoveCursor" does what you would expect; it just stops at the end,
        but the program continues.