Re: [Clip] Reiterated wish

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2008
      "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
      > but I don't
      > understand your context re the pdf file open already in adobe.

      In practice the TeX editor des about the same as NoteTab when
      previewing. When I click the icon it calls up pdflatex.exe with
      to the Arcrobat reader. Now that reader locks open files, so after a few
      modifications, when calling up the preview again, pdflatex.exe could not
      write to <file>.pdf. This is why the first thing that "clip" does is
      look if Acrobat is running and if <file>.pdf is open and if so closes
      it.