Re: [Clip] Reiterated wish

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
      Axel Berger wrote:
      > Is there any chance of one of the coming versions moving the syntax
      > highlighting defintions to configurable files? I notice it all the time,
      > that NoteTab is so much superior to the editors coming with TeX, Pascal
      > and c and their specialized make-functions ought all be doable in clips.
      > Also a bit of highlighting for .CSS and .JS might be a nice touch.
      >
      > That said: TeX writes a long .LOG file and short comments to stderr. My
      > LaTeX editor captures these into its own window and automatically
      > replies to all
      > ! <some error description> ?
      > with a <Return>.
      > And before starting pdftex.exe it looks if the Adobe reader has an open
      > window with <current-file-name>.PDF in it and closes that. That too
      > sould be possible in clips but I also do not know how.
      >
      > Axel

      Wish on brother ....

      We all want syntax highlighting. It is the most significant draw back
      to notetab (and page folding is probably #2). I understand that to add
      it would be a total rewrite on a different structure as it cannot be
      done with the current understructure.

      Sheri did write a great little program that uses perl or php I don't
      remember which and does syntax highlighting in your browser.

      I think that you could easily write the clip you suggest, but I don't
      understand your context re the pdf file open already in adobe.
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2008
        "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
        > but I don't
        > understand your context re the pdf file open already in adobe.

        In practice the TeX editor des about the same as NoteTab when
        previewing. When I click the icon it calls up pdflatex.exe with
        to the Arcrobat reader. Now that reader locks open files, so after a few
        modifications, when calling up the preview again, pdflatex.exe could not
        write to <file>.pdf. This is why the first thing that "clip" does is
        look if Acrobat is running and if <file>.pdf is open and if so closes
        it.