Reiterated wish

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
      Is there any chance of one of the coming versions moving the syntax
      highlighting defintions to configurable files? I notice it all the time,
      that NoteTab is so much superior to the editors coming with TeX, Pascal
      and c and their specialized make-functions ought all be doable in clips.
      Also a bit of highlighting for .CSS and .JS might be a nice touch.

      That said: TeX writes a long .LOG file and short comments to stderr. My
      LaTeX editor captures these into its own window and automatically
      replies to all
      ! <some error description> ?
      with a <Return>.
      And before starting pdftex.exe it looks if the Adobe reader has an open
      window with <current-file-name>.PDF in it and closes that. That too
      sould be possible in clips but I also do not know how.

      Axel
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
        Axel Berger wrote:
        > Is there any chance of one of the coming versions moving the syntax
        > highlighting defintions to configurable files? I notice it all the time,
        > that NoteTab is so much superior to the editors coming with TeX, Pascal
        > and c and their specialized make-functions ought all be doable in clips.
        > Also a bit of highlighting for .CSS and .JS might be a nice touch.
        >
        > That said: TeX writes a long .LOG file and short comments to stderr. My
        > LaTeX editor captures these into its own window and automatically
        > replies to all
        > ! <some error description> ?
        > with a <Return>.
        > And before starting pdftex.exe it looks if the Adobe reader has an open
        > window with <current-file-name>.PDF in it and closes that. That too
        > sould be possible in clips but I also do not know how.
        >
        > Axel

        Wish on brother ....

        We all want syntax highlighting. It is the most significant draw back
        to notetab (and page folding is probably #2). I understand that to add
        it would be a total rewrite on a different structure as it cannot be
        done with the current understructure.

        Sheri did write a great little program that uses perl or php I don't
        remember which and does syntax highlighting in your browser.

        I think that you could easily write the clip you suggest, but I don't
        understand your context re the pdf file open already in adobe.
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2008
          "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" wrote:
          > but I don't
          > understand your context re the pdf file open already in adobe.

          In practice the TeX editor des about the same as NoteTab when
          previewing. When I click the icon it calls up pdflatex.exe with
          to the Arcrobat reader. Now that reader locks open files, so after a few
          modifications, when calling up the preview again, pdflatex.exe could not
          write to <file>.pdf. This is why the first thing that "clip" does is
          look if Acrobat is running and if <file>.pdf is open and if so closes
          it.