Re: [Clip] Newbie saying Hi + a question

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4 4:38 PM
      blaineclark5256 wrote:

      > I have four browsers, IE, WebbIE, Opera, and Firefox
      > that I use to see how web pages load and look, at least for visually
      > impaired, not the legally blind, I depend on club partner's input for
      > that. What I'd like to do is put a clip file together that will let
      > me quickly and easily open my web pages with a choice of browsers. I
      > have written a simple one with a separate clip for each page that I
      > want to open with each browser separately edited in, ie;
      >
      > one clip;
      > ^!url IE "page"
      >
      > Another clip;
      > ^!url WebbIE "Same page"
      >
      > And so forth for the other two browsers. I'm sure there's a
      > better/easier way. I'm using NoteTabLite v. 5.61 and Windows XP with
      > latest versions of each browser.

      blaineclark,

      I haven't used NoteTab Light for a very, very long time so I'm not sure
      if it performs the same way Pro does. I'm assuming you're using
      NoteTab's browsers.dat file to enable your browsers. I changed the set
      browsers line to suit the 4 browsers you listed. If your dat file is
      current with those 4 you may view the file in one, or, all 4 browsers at
      the same time.

      Just run the clip below and check the browser/s you want to view the
      file with. I use the clip on occasion and load the file to view in 6
      browsers at the same time.

      If this clip doesn't work I have another similar clip that uses the
      actual path/filename for the browsers and a short text file to store the
      browser information in. It works in the same manner, but, without the
      browsers.dat file. This second clip works essentially the same way as
      this included clip.

      If you can, but don't, use browsers.dat we can help with that also.

      Just add clip to your favorite clipbook!
      ----------------------------------
      H="Multi-Browsers"
      ; • Modified-Updated~Created_20080304
      ; • hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_12:03:17p
      ; _ uses browsers.dat file
      ^!SetWizardTitle "Select ALTERNATE Browsers"
      ^!SetWizardLabel "PICK A BROWSER,^%nL%MAY SELECT MORE THAN ONE -"
      ^!SetListDelimiter |
      ;
      ; • for more browsers add vbar delimiter and name
      ; • to end of next line inside the quotes, also,
      ;^!Set %browser%="AVANT|FIREFOX|IEXPLORE|K-MELEON|MAXTHON|OPERA|SEAMONKEY"
      ^!Set %browser%="IE|FIREFOX|WEBBIE|OPERA"
      ; • add/edit an additional entry for new browser in browsers.dat file
      ;
      ; • FIRST ^!Set %url% line is very long, may get wrapped in email.
      ^!Set %url%=^?{(T=O;H=11)VIEW THIS FILE, OR, SELECT
      ANOTHER==C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\emdoc.emd};
      %browser%="^?{(T=A;H=9)BROWSER TO VIEW FILE WITH==^%browser%}"
      ^!Set %url%=^$StrReplace("|";":";"^$FileToUrl(C:\Documents and
      Settings\User\Desktop\emdoc.emd)$";0;0)$
      ;
      ^!SetArray %browser%=^%browser%
      ^!Set %count%=^%browser0%; %loop%=0
      :LOOP
      ^!Inc %loop%
      ^!Url [^%browser^%loop%%] "^%url%"
      ^!Delay 2
      ^!If ^%loop% < ^%count% LOOP

      ºvº SL_064 created_2008.03.04_07.18.33

      Great Truths Adults Have Learned:
      • Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com