Re: Newbie saying Hi + a question

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "blaineclark5256"
      <lighthouse101@...> wrote:

      > I don't have much experience at working with html, let alone
      > NoteTab's clip syntax, so here goes; I'm trying to make a web
      > site for our local chapter of a Blind Association. My only visual
      > handicap is from an accident eons ago with a chalkline string tab
      > that pulled loose and struck me in one eye. I've lost 20° of my
      > peripheral vision in that eye, so I can see quite well. That's
      > actually part of my handicap as far as trying to make this site!
      > I have four browsers, IE, WebbIE, Opera, and Firefox that I use
      > to see how web pages load and look, at least for visually
      > impaired, not the legally blind, I depend on club partner's input
      > for that. What I'd like to do is put a clip file together that
      > will let me quickly and easily open my web pages with a choice of
      > browsers. I have written a simple one with a separate clip for
      > each page that I want to open with each browser separately edited
      > in, ie;
      >
      > one clip;
      > ^!url IE "page"
      >
      > Another clip;
      > ^!url WebbIE "Same page"
      >
      > And so forth for the other two browsers. I'm sure there's a
      > better/easier way. I'm using NoteTabLite v. 5.61 and Windows XP with
      > latest versions of each browser.

      You will want to use a clip wizard so you choose among alternatives.
      Assign the selection to a variable. Then you the interpreted form of
      the variable in the clip command. This should give you an idea (but
      Yahoo will insert an unwanted line break):

      ;start long line
      ^!Set %browser%=^?{Select browser==_Internet
      Explorer^=IE|WebbIE|Opera|Firefox}
      ;end long line
      ^!url [^%browser%] www.google.com
      ;end of clip

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2008
        blaineclark5256 wrote:
        > I'm sure there's a better/easier way.

        Why? I think that's the best way of doing it, it is mine. You can place
        an icon for each browser in your Clipbar and off you go. I am currently
        running four browsers that way, but could easily accomodate more.

        I only use Wizards like Sheri's in myHTML-ar where they are invoked
        through the keyboard.

        Axel
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2008
          blaineclark5256 wrote:

          > I have four browsers, IE, WebbIE, Opera, and Firefox
          > that I use to see how web pages load and look, at least for visually
          > impaired, not the legally blind, I depend on club partner's input for
          > that. What I'd like to do is put a clip file together that will let
          > me quickly and easily open my web pages with a choice of browsers. I
          > have written a simple one with a separate clip for each page that I
          > want to open with each browser separately edited in, ie;
          >
          > one clip;
          > ^!url IE "page"
          >
          > Another clip;
          > ^!url WebbIE "Same page"
          >
          > And so forth for the other two browsers. I'm sure there's a
          > better/easier way. I'm using NoteTabLite v. 5.61 and Windows XP with
          > latest versions of each browser.

          blaineclark,

          I haven't used NoteTab Light for a very, very long time so I'm not sure
          if it performs the same way Pro does. I'm assuming you're using
          NoteTab's browsers.dat file to enable your browsers. I changed the set
          browsers line to suit the 4 browsers you listed. If your dat file is
          current with those 4 you may view the file in one, or, all 4 browsers at
          the same time.

          Just run the clip below and check the browser/s you want to view the
          file with. I use the clip on occasion and load the file to view in 6
          browsers at the same time.

          If this clip doesn't work I have another similar clip that uses the
          actual path/filename for the browsers and a short text file to store the
          browser information in. It works in the same manner, but, without the
          browsers.dat file. This second clip works essentially the same way as
          this included clip.

          If you can, but don't, use browsers.dat we can help with that also.

          Just add clip to your favorite clipbook!
          ----------------------------------
          H="Multi-Browsers"
          ; • Modified-Updated~Created_20080304
          ; • hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_12:03:17p
          ; _ uses browsers.dat file
          ^!SetWizardTitle "Select ALTERNATE Browsers"
          ^!SetWizardLabel "PICK A BROWSER,^%nL%MAY SELECT MORE THAN ONE -"
          ^!SetListDelimiter |
          ;
          ; • for more browsers add vbar delimiter and name
          ; • to end of next line inside the quotes, also,
          ;^!Set %browser%="AVANT|FIREFOX|IEXPLORE|K-MELEON|MAXTHON|OPERA|SEAMONKEY"
          ^!Set %browser%="IE|FIREFOX|WEBBIE|OPERA"
          ; • add/edit an additional entry for new browser in browsers.dat file
          ;
          ; • FIRST ^!Set %url% line is very long, may get wrapped in email.
          ^!Set %url%=^?{(T=O;H=11)VIEW THIS FILE, OR, SELECT
          ANOTHER==C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\emdoc.emd};
          %browser%="^?{(T=A;H=9)BROWSER TO VIEW FILE WITH==^%browser%}"
          ^!Set %url%=^$StrReplace("|";":";"^$FileToUrl(C:\Documents and
          Settings\User\Desktop\emdoc.emd)$";0;0)$
          ;
          ^!SetArray %browser%=^%browser%
          ^!Set %count%=^%browser0%; %loop%=0
          :LOOP
          ^!Inc %loop%
          ^!Url [^%browser^%loop%%] "^%url%"
          ^!Delay 2
          ^!If ^%loop% < ^%count% LOOP

          ºvº SL_064 created_2008.03.04_07.18.33

          Great Truths Adults Have Learned:
          • Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
          € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com