Newbie saying Hi + a question

  • blaineclark5256
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3 8:54 AM
      I don't have much experience at working with html, let alone
      NoteTab's clip syntax, so here goes;
      I'm trying to make a web site for our local chapter of a Blind
      Association. My only visual handicap is from an accident eons ago
      with a chalkline string tab that pulled loose and struck me in one
      eye. I've lost 20° of my peripheral vision in that eye, so I can see
      quite well. That's actually part of my handicap as far as trying to
      make this site! I have four browsers, IE, WebbIE, Opera, and Firefox
      that I use to see how web pages load and look, at least for visually
      impaired, not the legally blind, I depend on club partner's input for
      that. What I'd like to do is put a clip file together that will let
      me quickly and easily open my web pages with a choice of browsers. I
      have written a simple one with a separate clip for each page that I
      want to open with each browser separately edited in, ie;

      one clip;
      ^!url IE "page"

      Another clip;
      ^!url WebbIE "Same page"

      And so forth for the other two browsers. I'm sure there's a
      better/easier way. I'm using NoteTabLite v. 5.61 and Windows XP with
      latest versions of each browser.
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3 1:35 PM
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "blaineclark5256"
        <lighthouse101@...> wrote:

        > I don't have much experience at working with html, let alone
        > NoteTab's clip syntax, so here goes; I'm trying to make a web
        > site for our local chapter of a Blind Association. My only visual
        > handicap is from an accident eons ago with a chalkline string tab
        > that pulled loose and struck me in one eye. I've lost 20° of my
        > peripheral vision in that eye, so I can see quite well. That's
        > actually part of my handicap as far as trying to make this site!
        > I have four browsers, IE, WebbIE, Opera, and Firefox that I use
        > to see how web pages load and look, at least for visually
        > impaired, not the legally blind, I depend on club partner's input
        > for that. What I'd like to do is put a clip file together that
        > will let me quickly and easily open my web pages with a choice of
        > browsers. I have written a simple one with a separate clip for
        > each page that I want to open with each browser separately edited
        > in, ie;
        >
        > one clip;
        > ^!url IE "page"
        >
        > Another clip;
        > ^!url WebbIE "Same page"
        >
        > And so forth for the other two browsers. I'm sure there's a
        > better/easier way. I'm using NoteTabLite v. 5.61 and Windows XP with
        > latest versions of each browser.

        You will want to use a clip wizard so you choose among alternatives.
        Assign the selection to a variable. Then you the interpreted form of
        the variable in the clip command. This should give you an idea (but
        Yahoo will insert an unwanted line break):

        ;start long line
        ^!Set %browser%=^?{Select browser==_Internet
        Explorer^=IE|WebbIE|Opera|Firefox}
        ;end long line
        ^!url [^%browser%] www.google.com
        ;end of clip

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 3 4:53 PM
          blaineclark5256 wrote:
          > I'm sure there's a better/easier way.

          Why? I think that's the best way of doing it, it is mine. You can place
          an icon for each browser in your Clipbar and off you go. I am currently
          running four browsers that way, but could easily accomodate more.

          I only use Wizards like Sheri's in myHTML-ar where they are invoked
          through the keyboard.

          Axel
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4 4:38 PM
            blaineclark5256 wrote:

            > I have four browsers, IE, WebbIE, Opera, and Firefox
            > that I use to see how web pages load and look, at least for visually
            > impaired, not the legally blind, I depend on club partner's input for
            > that. What I'd like to do is put a clip file together that will let
            > me quickly and easily open my web pages with a choice of browsers. I
            > have written a simple one with a separate clip for each page that I
            > want to open with each browser separately edited in, ie;
            >
            > one clip;
            > ^!url IE "page"
            >
            > Another clip;
            > ^!url WebbIE "Same page"
            >
            > And so forth for the other two browsers. I'm sure there's a
            > better/easier way. I'm using NoteTabLite v. 5.61 and Windows XP with
            > latest versions of each browser.

            blaineclark,

            I haven't used NoteTab Light for a very, very long time so I'm not sure
            if it performs the same way Pro does. I'm assuming you're using
            NoteTab's browsers.dat file to enable your browsers. I changed the set
            browsers line to suit the 4 browsers you listed. If your dat file is
            current with those 4 you may view the file in one, or, all 4 browsers at
            the same time.

            Just run the clip below and check the browser/s you want to view the
            file with. I use the clip on occasion and load the file to view in 6
            browsers at the same time.

            If this clip doesn't work I have another similar clip that uses the
            actual path/filename for the browsers and a short text file to store the
            browser information in. It works in the same manner, but, without the
            browsers.dat file. This second clip works essentially the same way as
            this included clip.

            If you can, but don't, use browsers.dat we can help with that also.

            Just add clip to your favorite clipbook!
            ----------------------------------
            H="Multi-Browsers"
            ; • Modified-Updated~Created_20080304
            ; • hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_12:03:17p
            ; _ uses browsers.dat file
            ^!SetWizardTitle "Select ALTERNATE Browsers"
            ^!SetWizardLabel "PICK A BROWSER,^%nL%MAY SELECT MORE THAN ONE -"
            ^!SetListDelimiter |
            ;
            ; • for more browsers add vbar delimiter and name
            ; • to end of next line inside the quotes, also,
            ;^!Set %browser%="AVANT|FIREFOX|IEXPLORE|K-MELEON|MAXTHON|OPERA|SEAMONKEY"
            ^!Set %browser%="IE|FIREFOX|WEBBIE|OPERA"
            ; • add/edit an additional entry for new browser in browsers.dat file
            ;
            ; • FIRST ^!Set %url% line is very long, may get wrapped in email.
            ^!Set %url%=^?{(T=O;H=11)VIEW THIS FILE, OR, SELECT
            ANOTHER==C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\emdoc.emd};
            %browser%="^?{(T=A;H=9)BROWSER TO VIEW FILE WITH==^%browser%}"
            ^!Set %url%=^$StrReplace("|";":";"^$FileToUrl(C:\Documents and
            Settings\User\Desktop\emdoc.emd)$";0;0)$
            ;
            ^!SetArray %browser%=^%browser%
            ^!Set %count%=^%browser0%; %loop%=0
            :LOOP
            ^!Inc %loop%
            ^!Url [^%browser^%loop%%] "^%url%"
            ^!Delay 2
            ^!If ^%loop% < ^%count% LOOP

            ºvº SL_064 created_2008.03.04_07.18.33

            Great Truths Adults Have Learned:
            • Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
            € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com