Wizard Design

  • youngj155
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 24, 2008
      I'm trying to decide how to lay out my wizards to allow users to
      create tags (adding attributes to tags). I am using:
      ^!InsertWizardHtml so that if they don't fill it out it won't get
      added. One of the tag attributes is HTML color - so my question is
      whether it is possible to have the color field in the wizard (simple
      field?) and then have the Insert HTML Color tool pop up to fill in
      that field??

      I found this command: ^!MENU Document/Insert HTML Color so I know I
      can pop the tool up to add a color code to a page but can I use it
      nested in a wizard to fill in the wizard field?

      Thank you

      John
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 24, 2008
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "youngj155" <youngj155@...> wrote:

        > I'm trying to decide how to lay out my wizards to allow users to
        > create tags (adding attributes to tags). I am using:
        > ^!InsertWizardHtml so that if they don't fill it out it won't get
        > added. One of the tag attributes is HTML color - so my question is
        > whether it is possible to have the color field in the wizard (simple
        > field?) and then have the Insert HTML Color tool pop up to fill in
        > that field??
        >
        > I found this command: ^!MENU Document/Insert HTML Color so I know I
        > can pop the tool up to add a color code to a page but can I use it
        > nested in a wizard to fill in the wizard field?
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > John

        I would suggest to look at the color clips in the HTML clip library.
        You could execute ^!FarClip "HTML:Color Codes" from your clip, then
        use ^%AllColors% in your wizard. To use the Menu command's color
        picker could not be done from your clip wizard. This is not to say
        that you couldn't launch it as part of your clip if you want, as long
        as the clip first moves the cursor or highlight where you need it.

      • youngj155
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 24, 2008
          Thanks Sheri!

          I got this to work but I think I found a bug in NTP:

          I added this to my script: ^!MoveCursor -1 and then called: ^!MENU
          Document/Insert HTML Color

          It works great except the color picker adds an extra space to the
          code. I tried manually placing the curser inbetween two digits and it
          works fine - no extra spaces. But when I call it using the above
          command it adds the extra space.

          Any ideas?

          John
        • youngj155
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 24, 2008
            Guess I should add that the extra space is added AFTER the color code.

            Also, if I click the cancel button on the color picker it still adds
            the extra space.

            John
          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 24, 2008
              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "youngj155" <youngj155@...> wrote:

              > Guess I should add that the extra space is added AFTER the color
              > code. Also, if I click the cancel button on the color picker it
              > still adds the extra space.
              >
              > John

              Hi John,

              I'm not seeing that here, but if you want to post your clip and a text
              sample I'll be glad to try it.

              I did find one unusual behavior when I used the menu command for the
              color picker in a clip - NoteTab Pro did not regain focus immediately
              afterwards. That was remedied by using ^!ActivateApp as the next clip
              command:

              ^!Menu Document/Insert HTML Color
              ^!ActivateApp

              A space character on an otherwise empty line in a clip might cause the
              unexpected insertion of a space. Always make sure all clip command
              lines are terminated with a line break and don't have any trailing spaces.

            • ebbtidalflats
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 25, 2008
                --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "youngj155" <youngj155@...> wrote:
                > I got this to work but I think I found a bug in NTP:
                >
                > I added this to my script: ^!MoveCursor -1 and then called: ^!MENU
                > Document/Insert HTML Color
                >
                > ... color picker adds an extra space to the code.

                Why backspace? With no other info available, I'd guess THAT's where
                your extra space is coming from.

                Eb