Re: Need to reorder some fields

  • dracorat
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 5, 2008
      Here is the proper command:
      ^!Replace "^([^;]*);([^;]*);([^;]*);([^;\r]*)(.*)?$" >>
      "$1;$2;$4;$3$5" AWRS

      --Keith

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 5, 2008
        dracorat wrote:
        > Here is the proper command:
        > ^!Replace "^([^;]*);([^;]*);([^;]*);([^;\r]*)(.*)?$" >>
        > "$1;$2;$4;$3$5" AWRS

        I see what you're doing, but I doubt the necessity. As far as I know the
        "not greedy" modifier will suffice to make the brackets grab only one
        data field.

        N.B: I'm a bit surprised my guess for the semicolon as separator worked.
        Do the Dutch use the comma as decimal delimiter same as the Germans?

        Axel
      • B.P. de Vries
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 6, 2008
          Thanks again! I don't know about the other Dutch, but I'm using the
          semicolon for years now.

          Met vriendelijke groet,

          *Bauke P. de Vries
          *

          Axel Berger schreef:
          > dracorat wrote:
          >
          >> Here is the proper command:
          >> ^!Replace "^([^;]*);([^;]*);([^;]*);([^;\r]*)(.*)?$" >>
          >> "$1;$2;$4;$3$5" AWRS
          >>

          > I see what you're doing, but I doubt the necessity. As far as I know the
          > "not greedy" modifier will suffice to make the brackets grab only one
          > data field.
          >
          > N.B: I'm a bit surprised my guess for the semicolon as separator worked.
          > Do the Dutch use the comma as decimal delimiter same as the Germans?
          >
          > Axel
          >

          > Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/
          > Fookes Software Discussion Lists: http://www.fookes.com/groups.php
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Hugo Paulissen
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 6, 2008
            Hi Bauke,

            So you buy a bottle of milk for Euro 0;89? The decimal delimite is a comma indeed.

            ;-) Hugo

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 6, 2008
              Hugo Paulissen wrote:
              > The decimal delimite is a comma indeed.

              You misunderstood. Usually the comma is the field delimiter and only in
              those places, where it is used as decimal delimiter, fields are
              separated by the semicolon instead. This is done in Germany (not by me,
              all my computers are set up for international English) but I did not
              know about the Netherlands.

              Axel
            • B.P. de Vries
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 6, 2008
                Hello Hugo,

                Not normally, but most Dutch would understand what you ment. ;-)

                Met vriendelijke groet,

                *Bauke P. de Vries
                *