Re: [Clip] Re: Need help converting a list of files to links

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 5, 2008
      Jeff Scism wrote:
      > Which of Jody's clips does this apply to? Sounds useful.

      It is given in full in the message that was being answered:

    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 5, 2008
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Drummond" <pat@...> wrote:

        > line by line (using clip: <a href="^?[URL=^&]">^?[URL]</a>)

        In the above code you need to make BOTH wizards IDENTICAL,
        (add the omitted "^=^&" in the second wizard):

        A single wizard will pop-up, but BOTH wizards receive the same
        data, as will any other wizards, using the identical syntax,
        "^?[URL=^&]", anywhere in the same clip.

        Cheers,

        Eb
      • Pat Drummond
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 5, 2008

          > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Pat Drummond" <pat@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I've had to convert a long list of files into links several times,
          > > line by line (using clip: <a href="^?[URL=^&]">^?[URL]</a>) ...
          >
          > Is it that you wanted this?
          >
          > If so you could add these lines to Jody's clip just after the line
          > containing: ^?{Enter link name}
          >
          > ^!IfFalse ^%Prompt% Next else Skip_2
          > ^!MoveCursor -4
          > ^%GetSelect%
          >
          > Regards,
          > Sheri

          Yes, exactly what I need. Thank you! With some courage I edited the
          clip further so it simply converts a list of filenames to links
          without prompts. Feel free to edit and add it to a library for others
          to use. Jody lives and Sheri rocks!

          Format List to links
          ; "Format Bare link" Last updated by Jody 11-27-2000
          ; Last updated by Sheri, Pat D. 02-05-2008
          ^!Jump 1
          ^!SetHintInfo Wrapping links...
          ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
          ^!SetWordWrap Off
          ^!Jump Doc_End

          :Loop1
          ^!IfFalse ^$IsEmpty(^$GetLine$)$ Skip_2
          ^!Replace "^p" >> "" SB
          ^!Goto Loop1
          ^!InsertText ^p
          ^!Jump 1

          :Loop2
          ^!Select Eol
          ^!Set %GetSelect%=^$GetSelection$
          ; put ^& in link name if you want the link there
          ^!MoveCursor -4
          ^%GetSelect%
          ^!Jump +1
          ^!If ^$GetRow$ = ^$GetLineCount$ Skip
          ^!Goto Loop2
          ^!Jump 1
          ^!SetWordWrap On
        • buralex@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 5, 2008
            "Pat Drummond" <pat@...> said on Feb 05, 2008 17:23 -0500 (in part):
            > Yes, exactly what I need. Thank you! With some courage I edited the
            > clip further so it simply converts a list of filenames to links
            > without prompts.
            Hi Pat:
            Could you give an example of (say) 5 file specs and following that what
            you want them transformed to?
            If I've understood what you are attempting, the transformation can
            *probably* be done with a fairly simple one line regexp - ie. without
            looping.

            Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 5, 2008
              buralex@... said on Feb 05, 2008 19:14 -0500 (in part):
              > "Pat Drummond" <pat@...> said on Feb 05, 2008 17:23 -0500 (in part):
              >> Yes, exactly what I need. Thank you! With some courage I edited the
              >> clip further so it simply converts a list of filenames to links
              >> without prompts.
              > Hi Pat:
              > Could you give an example of (say) 5 file specs and following that
              > what you want them transformed to?
              > If I've understood what you are attempting, the transformation can
              > *probably* be done with a fairly simple one line regexp - ie. without
              > looping.
              >
              > Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail
              Followup - having tested your clip, this should be all you need to get
              equivalent results in a buffer that contains *just* the file specs.

              ^!replace "^(.*)$" >> "<a href="$1">$1</a>" rwais

              Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

            • Sheri
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 5, 2008
                Hi Pat,

                I'm glad that worked ok and I know Jody is smiling :)

                I do think maybe we could improve it a little.

                These three lines:
                ^!MoveCursor -4
                ^%GetSelect%

                try changing it to

                and comment out or remove the two lines that follow it
                ;^!MoveCursor -4
                ;^%GetSelect%

                Alec's regex solution would also do the job if you're not using an old
                version of NoteTab.

                Best Regards,