Re: [Clip] Need to reorder some fields

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
      "B.P. de Vries" wrote:
      > Something is missing but what?

      Is the old fourth the last field in the line? If not the last brackets,
      i.e. $4 will catch all the rest of the line with the old $3 placed after
      all that. It is safest to use one pair of brackets for every field, I
      only used four as an example.

      N.B: As far as I know neither T nor I do anything sensible in a Regex,
      AWRS should suffice.

      Axel
    • notetab_is_great
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "B.P. de Vries" <bauke@...> wrote:

        > Axel (and the others), thanks
        >
        > But when I use this : ^!Replace "^(.*?);(.*?);(.*?);(.*?)$" >>
        > "$1;$2;$4;$3" ATIWRS
        > in a clip I get the fourth field as the third, but I'm missing the new
        > fourth field (the old third field).
        >
        > Something is missing but what?

        Probably (.*?); should actually be ([^;]*); for the first three ()
        groups. The last would be fine with (.*?)
      • B.P. de Vries
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 2, 2008
          Hello,

          I tried the brackets and did something wrong. Have to read more about Regex.
          For the moment I put in an extra (.*?) and of course an extra $5 and
          this works good enough for the moment.

          Thanks a lot all of you and have a nice weekend.

          Met vriendelijke groet,

          *Bauke P. de Vries
          *

          Axel Berger schreef:
          > "B.P. de Vries" wrote:
          >
          >> Something is missing but what?
          >>

          > Is the old fourth the last field in the line? If not the last brackets,
          > i.e. $4 will catch all the rest of the line with the old $3 placed after
          > all that. It is safest to use one pair of brackets for every field, I
          > only used four as an example.
          >
          > N.B: As far as I know neither T nor I do anything sensible in a Regex,
          > AWRS should suffice.
          >
          > Axel
          >

          > Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/
          > Fookes Software Discussion Lists: http://www.fookes.com/groups.php
          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • dracorat
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 5, 2008
            Here is the proper command:
            ^!Replace "^([^;]*);([^;]*);([^;]*);([^;\r]*)(.*)?$" >>
            "$1;$2;$4;$3$5" AWRS

            --Keith

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 5, 2008
              dracorat wrote:
              > Here is the proper command:
              > ^!Replace "^([^;]*);([^;]*);([^;]*);([^;\r]*)(.*)?$" >>
              > "$1;$2;$4;$3$5" AWRS

              I see what you're doing, but I doubt the necessity. As far as I know the
              "not greedy" modifier will suffice to make the brackets grab only one
              data field.

              N.B: I'm a bit surprised my guess for the semicolon as separator worked.
              Do the Dutch use the comma as decimal delimiter same as the Germans?

              Axel
            • B.P. de Vries
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 6, 2008
                Thanks again! I don't know about the other Dutch, but I'm using the
                semicolon for years now.

                Met vriendelijke groet,

                *Bauke P. de Vries
                *

                Axel Berger schreef:
                > dracorat wrote:
                >
                >> Here is the proper command:
                >> ^!Replace "^([^;]*);([^;]*);([^;]*);([^;\r]*)(.*)?$" >>
                >> "$1;$2;$4;$3$5" AWRS
                >>

                > I see what you're doing, but I doubt the necessity. As far as I know the
                > "not greedy" modifier will suffice to make the brackets grab only one
                > data field.
                >
                > N.B: I'm a bit surprised my guess for the semicolon as separator worked.
                > Do the Dutch use the comma as decimal delimiter same as the Germans?
                >
                > Axel
                >

                > Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/
                > Fookes Software Discussion Lists: http://www.fookes.com/groups.php
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Hugo Paulissen
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 6, 2008
                  Hi Bauke,

                  So you buy a bottle of milk for Euro 0;89? The decimal delimite is a comma indeed.

                  ;-) Hugo

                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 6, 2008
                    Hugo Paulissen wrote:
                    > The decimal delimite is a comma indeed.

                    You misunderstood. Usually the comma is the field delimiter and only in
                    those places, where it is used as decimal delimiter, fields are
                    separated by the semicolon instead. This is done in Germany (not by me,
                    all my computers are set up for international English) but I did not
                    know about the Netherlands.

                    Axel
                  • B.P. de Vries
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 6, 2008
                      Hello Hugo,

                      Not normally, but most Dutch would understand what you ment. ;-)

                      Met vriendelijke groet,

                      *Bauke P. de Vries
                      *