Re: [Clip] HTML is OUT OF DATE

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2008
      Bob R. wrote:
      > I'm using the latest version of NOTETAB PRO ... when I generate html
      > and import into visual editor I get all these nasty messages ... NOT
      > UP TO DATE ..
      >
      > CAPS is no good, missing pieces, such as alt="" and /> missing from
      > some commands. Has anyone updated the HTML library for NOTETAB PRO?
      >
      > Is there a way to edit the templates. I can't seem to open them for
      > editting with NOTETAB which surprised me a bit.

      Look under view > options > html files tab
      You just don't have the right options selected Bob.

      xhtml and lower case will make it what you want it to be.

      Yes you can edit templates. Better to copy them and create your own
      version perhaps?
      See file > template > open (or edit).
    • jf600705
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 26, 2011
        I edited the old HTML-ar in order to render XHTML compatible tags
        Yo should replace the old HTML-ar.clb with the one I modified
        You also need to select the option for XHTML tags
        (view -> options -> HTML files -> Create XHTML tags )

        > Bob R. wrote:
        > > I'm using the latest version of NOTETAB PRO ... when I generate html
        > > and import into visual editor I get all these nasty messages ... NOT
        > > UP TO DATE ..
        > >
        > > CAPS is no good, missing pieces, such as alt="" and /> missing from
        > > some commands. Has anyone updated the HTML library for NOTETAB PRO?
        > >
        > > Is there a way to edit the templates. I can't seem to open them for
        > > editting with NOTETAB which surprised me a bit.
        > >
        > Look under view > options > html files tab
        > You just don't have the right options selected Bob.
        >
        > xhtml and lower case will make it what you want it to be.
        >
        > Yes you can edit templates. Better to copy them and create your own
        > version perhaps?
        > See file > template > open (or edit).

      • Lee Underwood
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3 11:22 AM
          Actually, HTML is NOT out of date, although the HTML clip itself is out-of-date. Actually, XHTML is only needed for certain applications. Otherwise, HTML 4.01 is perfectly fine for building Web sites (that's why they have been working on upgrading to HTML 5). In fact, the HTML clip should be updated to allow for using HTML 4.01 ANDD CSS 2 (or 3) together. HTML also makes it easier since there are no "special" rules as there are with XHTML (e.g., uppercase tags, "/" in end tags, etc.), which cause unneeded problems.

          Lee