Re: [Clip] Changes to ^!Keyboard in v5.5

  • mblattyh
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 24, 2008
      Well, it's called Mentor and it is primarily designed to tabulate and
      otherwise process survey research data.

      Here's my current clip, as it works in NTP v5.1. It is the ^!Keyboard
      commands between ";keystrokes fed to Mentor" and ";return to
      NoteTab..." that are not getting through:
      ^!KeyboardDelay 10
      ;Get data file name and location to freq
      ^!IfDiff "^%freqdata%" "" DOSET
      ^!Set %freqdata%="Data"
      :DOSET
      ^!Set %freqdata%=^?{Data File=^%freqdata%}; %dataloc%=^?{Data
      Location=^%dataloc%}

      ^!IfAppOpen Cmd Prompt DO ELSE NOTOPEN

      :NOTOPEN
      ^!c:\documents and settings\mike\desktop\cmd prompt.pif
      ^!Delay 30

      :DO
      ;Change focus to Cmd Prompt window
      ^!FocusApp Cmd Prompt

      ;Change to directory of current file
      ^!Keyboard #CD ^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$ # enter

      ;Delete output file
      ^!Keyboard #Del FreqFile.frq# enter
      ^!Delay 15

      ^!keyboarddelay 10

      ;run Mentor
      ^!Keyboard #Mentor# enter
      ^!Delay 20
      ;keystrokes fed to Mentor follow
      ^!Keyboard enter
      ^!Delay 5
      ^!Keyboard #FreqFile.frq#
      ^!Delay 5
      ^!Keyboard enter
      ^!Delay 5
      ^!Keyboard #~in ^%freqdata%# enter
      ^!Keyboard #~freq [^%dataloc%$]# enter
      ^!Keyboard #~end# enter
      ^!Delay 10

      ;return to NoteTab & open output file
      ^!ActivateApp
      ^!Delay 10
      ^!Open "FreqFile.frq"

      Thanks!!

      > Mike,
      >
      > What might that external app be, perhaps if we knew, and one of us had
      > it, and you would furnish your clip we might discover a remedy.
      >
      > ·············································
      > ºvº SL-01-191 -created- 2008.01.24 - 18.26.15
      >
      > Rules guys wish girls knew...
      > "Shopping is not sport."
      > ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 24, 2008
        Hi Mike,

        Would need to see some documentation for the command line options for
        Mentor, but I'm betting you could do the whole thing with no ^!Keyboard
        commands at all. It would go something like:

        ^!Set %freqdata%=^?{Data File=^%freqdata%}; %dataloc%=^?{Data
        Location=^%dataloc%}
        ^!ChDir ^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$
        ^!DeleteFile FreqFile.frq
        ^!Set %res%=^$GetDOSOutput(Mentor freqfile.frq ^%freqdata% ^%dataloc%)$
        ^!Info ^%res%
        ^!Open freqfile.frq

        Could probably remove the info line too, unless it show something useful.

      • mblattyh
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 25, 2008
          Sheri,

          On the command line, I can feed Mentor a file that has program
          instructions (and in fact have frequently used clips that do exactly
          that). So I could accomplish this task in this manner.

          This clip generates the output I want without creating another input
          file of program instructions. If it just won't work in newer versions
          of NTP, I can modify it to create a new input file and just call on
          that on the Mentor command line.

          In my experience, newer versions of ANY software make (or suggest
          that) you do some things a little differently. This appears to be one
          of those cases. Certainly no big deal.

          Everyone -- thanks for your thoughts and suggestions!