Re: [Clip] Go to character

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 24, 2008
      Flo wrote:
      > Don,
      >
      > Yes, I did, of course ;-)
      >
      > But I'm sorry to say that, in my testing, it wasn't absolutely
      > reliable.

      Okay I guess you are right. I see what you are saying. On the other
      hand, it is blazing fast, and it doesn't change the original document.
      So where am I going wrong? I suspect that the problem is when my cursor
      position moves me to position "11" because each line has 11 characters.
      So we can get stuck between character 10 and 11 and it is treated the
      same, hence we are off one character as a result. I also suspect that
      this may repeat.

      I tried using setdebug, but of course you cannot see the character
      position when using it ... so that didn't help me. I suspect I could do
      the math manually and see where it is off as well.

      I think it can be fixed with a little effort ... hmmm
    • dracorat
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 28, 2008
        Actually, what I'm saying is if you were to tab to another program,
        then screen updating turns back on. That's the part that seems strange
        to me.

        --Keith