Re: [Clip] Re: Concept-based Search

  • Alan C
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 15, 2008
      On Jan 15, 2008 10:33 AM, Alan C <acummingsus@...> wrote:

      > On Jan 15, 2008 9:23 AM, Flo <flo.gehrke@...> wrote:
      >
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...>
      > wrote:

      [ . . ]

      Just an idea.

      But it is one that I've used in the past.

      I have actually used the method that I shared.

      But it's "just an idea" as to whether or not the idea suits your purpose.

      As we know, there are *so* many different ways in which to accomplish a
      desired task.

      --
      Alan.

    • dracorat
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 18, 2008
        I should also point out that including the pluras "es" form is
        sometimes not desired. For example, if we had car|automobile we would get:

        Sally cares {automobile} about her dog.

        But for that matter, the "s" form has the same issue, just in lower
        quantity. Thus, it's a question of what's better - smaller dictionary,
        or dictionary with every valid permutation.

        (Or even, just do only "s")

        His cat let out a loud hiss.

        his|owner

        His {owner} cat let out a loud hiss {owner}.

        The "s" case would be pretty rare, however. (The "es" not so rare.)

        --Keith