Re: [Clip] Concept-based Search

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 13, 2008
      Bob Gorman <bgorman@...> said on Jan 13, 2008 18:18 -0500 (in
      part):
      > After several hours, I think I've moved all of my customizations fro
      > 4.95 to 5.5.
      > One eluded me, even after trying several things...
      > In Windows Explorer (I'm on XP):
      > If I double click on a text file it brings up 4.95 not 5.5
      Windows Explorer - Tools - Folder Options - File types tab:

      * Navigate to TXT - [Change]
      o In the dialog that comes up [Browse] to the new Notetab 5.0
      executable
      o this will also add it to the Open With rClick context menu
      so you will have access to both.
      o I forget whether the icons are visually distinguishable but
      you could change the icon used for Notetab 5 in its own View
      - Options - View tab - [Change icon]

      > Also for right click menu items 'Sent to'
      In Windows Explorer navigate to: C:\Documents and
      Settings\{username}\SendTo folder and remove the shortcut to Notetab
      4.95 and replace it a copy of the one on the desktop. (Right-click Copy)
      > & 'Open with'.
      To remove the old entry in the Open With right-click menu google:
      remove+open+with

      * The first 10 or 15 entries all describe the same REGEDIT method to
      remove (or change) unwanted Open With entries.
      o usual cautions about "you may render your system unusable"
      but its really not difficult :-)

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

    • dracorat
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 18, 2008
        I should also point out that including the pluras "es" form is
        sometimes not desired. For example, if we had car|automobile we would get:

        Sally cares {automobile} about her dog.

        But for that matter, the "s" form has the same issue, just in lower
        quantity. Thus, it's a question of what's better - smaller dictionary,
        or dictionary with every valid permutation.

        (Or even, just do only "s")

        His cat let out a loud hiss.

        his|owner

        His {owner} cat let out a loud hiss {owner}.

        The "s" case would be pretty rare, however. (The "es" not so rare.)

        --Keith