Site Indexing Clip help needed

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2008
      Last year (early) several people helped me work on the below clip, which
      manually creates a site index by clicking on highlighted names in a
      webpage in NoteTab Std 4.95. (I use this to index HTML pages on CD-rom
      presentations)

      It worked fine,

      However in the new environment of the latest version of NoteTab STD, it
      no longer works.

      Can someone help me get it working again?

      What it used to do is copy the created out put to "content.html" which,
      if it didn't exist in the same directory was created, then used.

      It no longer recognizes the content.html open in the same directory, but
      looks instead for it in another directory that I had previously indexed.
      Since there is no reference in the clip to that other directory I am
      stymied. (unless it has something to do with NoteTab.ini....?)

      Instructions: open a html document in NoteTab, highlight a name (first
      last) execute the clip.

      teh clip should reformat the name to last-first with variations for
      removing spaces and punctuation, then create a anchor in teh document,
      and a link to that anchor in "content.html" in the same directory.

      Two erros come up, inability to 'see' content.html in the same directory
      as the source file, or create it if there isn't one, and ^Jump DocEnd
      error (syntax) on line 24...(that one I can probably fix...)

      What is blowing my mind is the "can't find content.html" error in the
      bios directory message.

      THANKS!

      Jeff

      Clip follows:
      ^!Toolbar Copy

      ;split name at each space
      ^!SetListDelimiter " "
      ^!SetArray %full_name%=^$GetSelection$
      ^!Set %indexed_name%="^%full_name^%full_name0%%"
      ^!Set %name_counter%=1
      ^!If ^%name_counter% = ^%full_name0% NameDone
      ^!Set %name%="^%indexed_name%-^%full_name^%name_counter%%"
      ^!Inc %name_counter%
      ^!Goto CreateName

      :NameDone

      :CreateNAME
      ^!Set %indexed_name%=^$StrReplace(".";"";"^%indexed_name%";0;0)$
      ^!Set %indexed_name%=^$StrLower("^%indexed_name%")$
      ^<A NAME="%name% id:%name%">^&</A>
      ^!Open "content.html"
      ^!SetWordWrap Off
      ^!Jump Doc_End
      ^!InsertHtml ^P<!--^%name%--><A href="^%FileName%#^name%">^&</A><br>

      :Sort
      ^!Select All
      ^$StrSort("^$GetSelection$";0;1;0)$
      ^!Jump 1
      ^!Save
      ^!Document Prev

      --

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
      ~~

      Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family?
      'Blacksheep Genealogy' is a registered California Sole Proprietorship.
      The International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists is a Social Organization Identified by its members using IBSSG after their signatures.

      Visit http://ibssg.org/

      For The Blacksheep website, Montgomery County, Putnam County, and Fountain County USGenWeb sites. MORE...
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2008
        Jeff Scism wrote:
        > Last year (early) several people helped me work on the below clip, which
        > manually creates a site index by clicking on highlighted names in a
        > webpage in NoteTab Std 4.95. (I use this to index HTML pages on CD-rom
        > presentations)
        >
        > It worked fine,
        Check view options files -- is match checked
        Could that have been changed recently?

        We could do it explicitly I think as well.