Re: [Clip] Concept-based Search

    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 13, 2008
      hsavage wrote:
      > where would one ever find a complete .txt file of
      > synonyms in a form that would be searchable by NoteTab?

      In German and several other languages there is an Open Thesarus project
      http://www.openthesaurus.de/
      that offers just such a list:
      http://www.openthesaurus.de/download/thesaurus.txt.gz

      Don't know about English though.

      Axel
    • dracorat
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 18, 2008
        I should also point out that including the pluras "es" form is
        sometimes not desired. For example, if we had car|automobile we would get:

        Sally cares {automobile} about her dog.

        But for that matter, the "s" form has the same issue, just in lower
        quantity. Thus, it's a question of what's better - smaller dictionary,
        or dictionary with every valid permutation.

        (Or even, just do only "s")

        His cat let out a loud hiss.

        his|owner

        His {owner} cat let out a loud hiss {owner}.

        The "s" case would be pretty rare, however. (The "es" not so rare.)

        --Keith