Re: [Clip] Concept-based Search

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 13, 2008
      Flo wrote:
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Bob Gorman <bgorman@...> wrote:
      >> What I'm currently experimenting with is finding words that
      >> reflect one's dominant sensory mode. Words like: Visual:
      >> etc.
      >
      > Bob,
      >
      > Thanks for your reply!
      >
      > An initial attempt to this job could be to insert markers
      > that assign meanings. Here is just a rough draft of this...
      >
      > Of course, this approach is not suited to managing a giant text
      > corpus.
      >
      > Another idea: Extract lists of related words or complete
      > sentences that contain certain meanings...
      >
      > Regards,
      > Flo

      Flo,

      Back to synonyms, where would one ever find a complete .txt file of
      synonyms in a form that would be searchable by NoteTab?

      Such a list would be extremely important in this process, trying to
      complie your own would be difficult to say the least.

      ºvº SL-01-99 -created- 2008.01.13 - 07.25.35

      Newspaper HeadLine...
      "British Left Waffles on Falkland Islands"
      ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
    • dracorat
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 18, 2008
        I should also point out that including the pluras "es" form is
        sometimes not desired. For example, if we had car|automobile we would get:

        Sally cares {automobile} about her dog.

        But for that matter, the "s" form has the same issue, just in lower
        quantity. Thus, it's a question of what's better - smaller dictionary,
        or dictionary with every valid permutation.

        (Or even, just do only "s")

        His cat let out a loud hiss.

        his|owner

        His {owner} cat let out a loud hiss {owner}.

        The "s" case would be pretty rare, however. (The "es" not so rare.)

        --Keith