Re: [Clip] clip to number rows

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 27 , Dec 30, 2007
      Flo wrote:
      > Don wrote...
      >

      >> Flo, when I said where to manually set the delimiter I meant
      >> like in an ini file or something. I found it under options
      >> menu. But I suspect there is a file somewhere that I could
      >> have the clip edit to change it to a different delimiter
      >> without having to fiddle with the options menu.
      >>

      > I think this is controlled by...
      >
      > NbrSeparator=". "
      >
      > in the [Options] Section of the INI-file. Normally, we should be able
      > to change that setting (to ": " for example) with...
      >
      > ^!SaveValue Options:NbrSeparator=": "
      >
      > But for me this command doesn't really affect that setting. I don't
      > know what's wrong with that.

      You can change NoteTab's options with clips, but before making a change
      you need ^!ProginiSave, and after the change you need ^!ProgIniLoad.

      So:

      ^!ProgIniSave
      ^!SaveValue Options:NbrSeparator=": "
      ^!ProgIniLoad

      will immediately cause the number separator option to change to colon space

    • Flo
      Message 2 of 27 , Dec 30, 2007
        Sorry for...

        ^!IfFalse=^%SelectionSize% Skip_2 Else Next

        Obviously, NT5 tolerates that wrong equal sign, but that's no clean
        code. Thanks to Sheri for that hint!

        Regards,
        Flo

        --- Latest version ---

        ; Number all lines or selected lines
        ^!Set %SelectionSize%=^$GetSelSize$
        ^!IfFalse ^%SelectionSize% Skip_2 Else Next
        ^!Set %SelectionStart%=^$GetRowStart$:^$GetColStart$
        ^!Set %SelectionEnd%=^$GetRowEnd$:^$GetColEnd$
        ;-- Protect double spaces
        ^!Replace "\x20\x20" >> "\xA0\xA0" AWRS
        ^!IfFalse ^%SelectionSize% Next Else Skip_2
        ^!Select All
        ^!Goto Skip_2
        ^!SetCursor ^%SelectionStart%
        ^!SelectTo ^%SelectionEnd%
        ;--Number lines
        ^!Menu Modify/Lines/Number Lines
        ;--Replace leading spaces with zero
        ^!Replace "(^|(?<=\x20))\x20" >> "0" AWRS
        ;-- Restore double spaces
        ^!Replace "\xA0\xA0" >> "\x20\x20" AWRS
        ^!SetCursor ^%SelectionStart%
      • Flo
        Message 3 of 27 , Dec 31, 2007

          > You can change NoteTab's options with clips, but before making a
          change
          > you need ^!ProginiSave, and after the change you need ^!ProgIniLoad...

          Thank you, Sheri, that's working fine. So we could even start the
          numbering with a Wizard that allows to choose from different
          delimiters, and finally return to a default setting...

          Flo

        • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 2, 2008
            Flo wrote:
            > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:
            >> You can change NoteTab's options with clips, but before making a
            > change
            >> you need ^!ProginiSave, and after the change you need ^!ProgIniLoad...
            >
            > Thank you, Sheri, that's working fine. So we could even start the
            > numbering with a Wizard that allows to choose from different
            > delimiters, and finally return to a default setting...
            >
            > Flo

            That was my original thought Flo. In fact you could (if you wish) have
            a default set in your wizard and offer choices much like Jody's old
            Noteblock clips do for various things. I suppose you could even use a
            custom ini that saves your selections from use to use but then puts them
            in the main ini.

            Good point of the extra calcs. I think I originally thought I would
            have to do line math and in the end found a function to tell me the
            length or something and never bailed on the former method completely or
            something.