Re: [Clip] ACIWS => meaning of?

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2007
      ^!Find "SearchText" [Options TCIBGWHRSn]

      Searches for the specified text. Tab and line break characters should be
      replaced by their tokens (^T and ^P respectively). You can use the
      following optional settings:

      T: Does not search for whole words only (search string can be found
      within longer words).

      C: Searches for whole words only.

      If the options T or C are not used, NoteTab will search for whole words
      if the search criteria does not contain spaces or other word delimiting
      characters. If the search criteria contains such delimiters, then
      NoteTab will accept matches that are not whole words.

      I: Ignores character case.

      B: Searches backwards.

      G: Global scope; searches through all the open documents.

      W: Searches through the whole document (not just from the cursor position).

      H: Only searches within selection if text is highlighted (setting
      ignored if no text selected).

      R: Specifies that the search criteria represents a regular expression.

      S: Silent search. NoteTab will not display any message box.

      n: Represents a number between 1 and 9 inclusive. This option is only
      valid when used with the R option for regexp searches. NoteTab selects
      the corresponding regexp subpattern. This option was added to NoteTab 5.0.

      The following example will find the next occurrence of the word NoteTab
      starting from the cursor position. If a match is not found in the
      current document, the other open documents will also be searched:

      ^!FIND "NoteTab" G

      The search criteria must always be placed between double quotes if you
      don't specify search options.
    • WV-Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2007
        At 08:21 AM 12/6/2007 , you wrote:

        >^!Find "SearchText" [Options TCIBGWHRSn]
        >
        >Searches for the specified text. Tab and line break characters should be
        >replaced by their tokens (^T and ^P respectively). You can use the
        >following optional settings:<TRIM>

        Thanks, Jeff.
        This makes it a bit easier for me to understand how a clip functions.
        -Mike

        Check it out:
        www.EpicRoadTrips.us

        ~~~
        NOTICE:
        Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may have
        read this email without warning, warrant or notice and also without any
        judicial or legislative oversight.
        ~~~