RE: [Clip] Clip library, how correct misspellings?

  • Corl DeLuna
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
      Hi Linnea,

      I could be wrong, but the way I use spelling is that I launch it from an
      icon on my Toolbar and it checks away. If not showing on your Toolbar,
      right-click the Toolbar > Toolbar Properties > Show in Toolbar > check Spell
      Check.

      I don't think it checks spelling in real-time like a word processor can.

      Best,
      Corl

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
        Thanks very much....I knew I was missing something very obvious! I
        haven't downloaded dictionaries yet and must configure them, so I'll
        let you know how it went.

        I've been trying to learn too many new programs and keep overlooking
        the obvious. I put that icon on my Toolbar a few months ago but
        haven't used it yet, so now I see there are no dictionaries installed
        yet.

        ~~ Linnea

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Corl DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

        > Hi Linnea,
        > > I could be wrong, but the way I use spelling is that I launch it
        from an icon on my Toolbar and it checks away. If not showing on your
        Toolbar, right-click the Toolbar > Toolbar Properties > Show in
        Toolbar > check Spell
        > Check.
        >
        > I don't think it checks spelling in real-time like a word processor
        can.

        > Best,
        > Corl
        >
        > ________________________________

        On Behalf

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
          I also use the Toolbar Properties > Show in Toolbar to show only the icons I
          really need. Otherwise I go into icon overload ;-)
          One of the many things I really love about NTP - the ability to totally
          customize the interface.

          Best,
          Corl

          ________________________________

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com> ,
          "Corl DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

          > Hi Linnea,
          > > I could be wrong, but the way I use spelling is that I launch it
          from an icon on my Toolbar and it checks away. If not showing on your
          Toolbar, right-click the Toolbar > Toolbar Properties > Show in
          Toolbar > check Spell
          > Check.
        • cocobolomargarita
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
            I agree with that, I love all the Tools showing but then it is
            overload. I just got the American dictionary and the Thesaurus in
            there (extracted with Power Desk, another neat program but I don't
            know where it's obtainable now) to the Note Tab Standard program file.
            Worked like a charm. Now for the other languages! but I'm not sure how
            to do that as they don't show up in the Dictionaries file to "add."

            I read and read the Help file but the Clips had me flummoxed for a
            while, I'm still not very good at that and I know no programming at all.

            I've been so impressed with NTS the past few months, Word was taking
            forever to open and always seems to have glitches and Note Tab has
            been so easy to use, I have Folders galore to file the tabs in and can
            back them up so easily.

            Best to you and thank you again.
            ~~ Linnea

            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Corl DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

            > I also use the Toolbar Properties > Show in Toolbar to show only the
            icons I really need. Otherwise I go into icon overload ;-)
            > One of the many things I really love about NTP - the ability to
            totally customize the interface.
            > Best,
            > Corl
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 5, 2007
              Hi
              You should have a folder called in mine it's D:\Nts5\Dictionaries drop them
              in and I think click on spelling and should ask which one do you wish to use
              and done??
              THANKYOU DAVE M