Clip library, how correct misspellings?

  • cocobolomargarita
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
      I am fairly new to Note Tab Standard and do I love it. I can't seem to
      get a handle on the Clips though. I've made a lot of shortcuts for whole
      phrases and paragraphs for myself (my Clip library?) but I thought that
      Note Tab would correct misspellings, at least common ones. I couldn't
      get it to correct Apostle at all, nor Cambridge. I added it to the
      Clips under Auto Correct but when I mistyped on purpose it still did not
      correct. I need to know just how this works, or does it? I know it must
      be in the Help file somewhere but I can't see it. Thank you. I need at
      least a month to study all of Note Tab's help files! ~~Linnea
    • Corl DeLuna
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
        Hi Linnea,

        I could be wrong, but the way I use spelling is that I launch it from an
        icon on my Toolbar and it checks away. If not showing on your Toolbar,
        right-click the Toolbar > Toolbar Properties > Show in Toolbar > check Spell
        Check.

        I don't think it checks spelling in real-time like a word processor can.

        Best,
        Corl

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
          Thanks very much....I knew I was missing something very obvious! I
          haven't downloaded dictionaries yet and must configure them, so I'll
          let you know how it went.

          I've been trying to learn too many new programs and keep overlooking
          the obvious. I put that icon on my Toolbar a few months ago but
          haven't used it yet, so now I see there are no dictionaries installed
          yet.

          ~~ Linnea

          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Corl DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

          > Hi Linnea,
          > > I could be wrong, but the way I use spelling is that I launch it
          from an icon on my Toolbar and it checks away. If not showing on your
          Toolbar, right-click the Toolbar > Toolbar Properties > Show in
          Toolbar > check Spell
          > Check.
          >
          > I don't think it checks spelling in real-time like a word processor
          can.

          > Best,
          > Corl
          >
          > ________________________________

          On Behalf

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
            I also use the Toolbar Properties > Show in Toolbar to show only the icons I
            really need. Otherwise I go into icon overload ;-)
            One of the many things I really love about NTP - the ability to totally
            customize the interface.

            Best,
            Corl

            ________________________________

            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ntb-clips%40yahoogroups.com> ,
            "Corl DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

            > Hi Linnea,
            > > I could be wrong, but the way I use spelling is that I launch it
            from an icon on my Toolbar and it checks away. If not showing on your
            Toolbar, right-click the Toolbar > Toolbar Properties > Show in
            Toolbar > check Spell
            > Check.
          • cocobolomargarita
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2007
              I agree with that, I love all the Tools showing but then it is
              overload. I just got the American dictionary and the Thesaurus in
              there (extracted with Power Desk, another neat program but I don't
              know where it's obtainable now) to the Note Tab Standard program file.
              Worked like a charm. Now for the other languages! but I'm not sure how
              to do that as they don't show up in the Dictionaries file to "add."

              I read and read the Help file but the Clips had me flummoxed for a
              while, I'm still not very good at that and I know no programming at all.

              I've been so impressed with NTS the past few months, Word was taking
              forever to open and always seems to have glitches and Note Tab has
              been so easy to use, I have Folders galore to file the tabs in and can
              back them up so easily.

              Best to you and thank you again.
              ~~ Linnea

              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Corl DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

              > I also use the Toolbar Properties > Show in Toolbar to show only the
              icons I really need. Otherwise I go into icon overload ;-)
              > One of the many things I really love about NTP - the ability to
              totally customize the interface.
              > Best,
              > Corl
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 5, 2007
                Hi
                You should have a folder called in mine it's D:\Nts5\Dictionaries drop them
                in and I think click on spelling and should ask which one do you wish to use
                and done??
                THANKYOU DAVE M