Re: [Clip] I can do part of this with reg-ex

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2007
      Dave wrote:
      > Hi ignore what I just sent I did not second one
      > THANKYOU DAVE M

      The greedy one as written was requiring a line break at the end of every
      line. It wouldn't work on the last group if the last entry for the last
      group terminated at the end of the file instead of the end of a line.
      That pattern could be changed to accept either a line break or the end
      of the file.

      ^!Find "^(.+? - )(?s).+^\1(?-s).+\R|\z" RS

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2007
        Sheri wrote:
        > Dave wrote:
        >
        >> Hi ignore what I just sent I did not second one
        >> THANKYOU DAVE M
        >>

        > The greedy one as written was requiring a line break at the end of every
        > line. It wouldn't work on the last group if the last entry for the last
        > group terminated at the end of the file instead of the end of a line.
        > That pattern could be changed to accept either a line break or the end
        > of the file.

        > Regards,
        > Sheri

        The non-greedy one seemed to have the same issue. Could be changed to

        Dave I'm not sure what you were saying.